1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Case that protects the camera lens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theshoefairy, Aug 1, 2016.

1. theshoefairy

theshoefairy Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Hi all, I have searched high and low on the net and haven't been able to find one. Is there a case that protects the whole phone including the camera lens?

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    You've got a tough road ahead of you. To start with most cases to help eliminate the generally disliked camera "bulge" and in the process provide an additional level of protection. However a protective cap on the camera would either create another bulge or require a fairly thick case. On top of that, one of the great benefits of a phone-based camera is the ability to quickly take shots without even turning the camera on let alone having to open a flap of protective cover. I doubt if there is enough public demand for a case maker to customize such a case. Best of luck in your search and please post if we do find such a case.

3. theshoefairy

theshoefairy Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I was thinking more along the lines of a cover that has a protective see through bit where they usually have the cut out bit for the camera at the back if that makes any sense. I have found tempered glass camera lens cover for the back though although not sure how well these would work.

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Even the slimline cases extend above the camera bulge and given the size of the opening, the chances of scratching or damaging the lens are fairly remote. I use the Spigen new hybrid case and the lens is recessed enough that accidental scratches would be very improbable. Also a clear cover would/could create some distortion specially since lenses are necessarily made of very high quality glass.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    That would create a pretty big loss on quality. The camera lens is pretty tough already on it's own. But a cheap see through cover would accumulate scratches in no time, plus there would be no guarantee that the optics would be good. Placing a cover over the lens would be a good way to get blurry photos all the time. Heck even a plastic film over the camera already blurs the photos. What more a see through film a bit of distance away that would distort, reflect, and refract the entering light.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.