• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
sometimes i naked
smile.gif

Upvote 0
Screen protector, of course. I go back and forth between naked and my seidio innocase. I like the grip and substance of the case, but I also like the slim and sleek of naked (better for shirt pockets). When naked, the batter cover creaks a little bit in the hand, which bugs me. But it the case... it could be any phone. More people ask what my phone is when naked. Life is too hard already for these kind of dilemmas!

Upvote 0
Clear silicone case and a screen guard. The case helps to keep the camera from getting dinged up and the phone can be set down without worrying about that. I have had a few sizable scratches in the screen protectors so I am glad I have that on. But I must admit that a few times a week I take off the case just to hold the phone because it just feels so good in my hand....

Upvote 0
I use a case and screen protector.

My case is the body glove. It's one of the bulkier types. It protects the camera pretty well (better than anything you'll find at a retail store, for sure)

Cheap little cases like Rocketfish (what bestbuy sells), or similar ones are, in my opinion, useless.

For a screen protector, I use one, I got mine from bestskinsever.
At least with mine, I've noticed that it gives the screen a bit more of a plastic feel, as it is plastic. Also, i noticed that if i had some moisture residue or anything on my fingers, it shows up more. It can be more noticeable. Smudges are more noticeable, but they can be removed pretty easily, especially if you've got a nice smooth cloth.

I'd say though, it's better to protect your phone at the cost of some of the aesthetics, than for it to get busted or have a scratched up screen.

Oh if you're new to it, you can find bestskinsever at Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever

For the body glove case, I found mine on amazon for $14 with shipping. As opposed to $30 on their site.

Bestskinsever screen protectors were about $6 each, and the more you buy the cheaper shipping is. I bought 3 and the shipping was free.

Upvote 0
the two very real reasons i opt for a clear case:
i've had the incredible since launch back at the end of april
and it makes me SICK to think that all these scratches could have been
on the back of my phone.

imag0067n.th.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8651/imag0067q.jpg

imag0068.th.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8151/imag0068p.jpg

for the actual phone itself, its still in excellent condition. this case paired with a screen protector has warded off 100% of the scratches. not exaggerating. plus, its important to mention that i am ROUGH on my phones. ...rough..

Upvote 0
It depends on which battery I have installed on my Incredible. If I have the stock 1300 mAh battery installed, I have a Verizon/Speck case mounted. If I am using the HTC 2150 mAh extended battery I put the phone in a phone pouch/slip case. Fortunately I was using the pouch case the other day as I did drop my phone in the parking lot and it saved my phone from some nasty damage.

Upvote 0
I ocassionaly like to go nude but my every day attire is see thru a nice clear silicon case, lets me still see the goods but also be protecteted.

When biking and joging I was using a Body Glove but have a black Seidio Innocase II that will be replacing it coming hopefully before sunday

I also have a full screen protector.

Upvote 0
Naked, during the work week when it's just on my desk, but it does seem fragile. I have a BodyGlove because it's beefy and rugged looking, and I have it all over the place on weekends.

Good thing, as I dropped it on the concrete floor at Lowe's, and the BodyGlove protected it quite nicely. Can't imagine what it would have looked like naked then! Phone is still pristine and still works. Whew.

Upvote 0
I didn't want a case when I got my phone because it's just too cool for a case. But, with the glass screen so close to the edge of the phone, I'd hate for it to crack if I dropped it. So, I got a $3 flexible silicone case on ebay. It works great, slips on and off super easy, protects the edge along the glass, makes the camera flush so it lays flat, and makes it non-slip (so I can put it on the console in my car and it doesn't slide off!).

On the non-slip aspect: both a pro and a con.

Pro: the phone NEVER slips out of my pocket when sitting or laying down.

Con: the phone doesn't always remove from the pocket easily when you need it.

No screen protector, though. It doesn't need it. It's glass- not plastic. So long as you're only using your finger, it shouldn't scratch at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones