• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CAT s60 died

Riba

Sep 22, 2016
I bought this phone a couple of months ago and it did not went well (water ingress) with the first one as I mentioned in another thread on this forum. Everything went well with the new one (no deep water exposure) until couple of hours ago. Ironically, I was reading post about battery drainage caused by wifi (same problem with mine but not so hard) and after reading it, I restart my phone for the first (and last) time. Just saw CAT logo and then nothing but extremely heating. I tried pin reset but no success. Only thing I managed to do is cooling down phone by pouring cold water all over it (it should be waterproof phone :)).
Before cooling with water red lamp blinked when charging but now it seems it is completely dead.
I have to wait till monday to take my phone to the carrier. I am very sad because I really like this phone.
Any suggestions are welcome.

It's been 37 days since I handed phone to a service center.
I'm waiting for the new one but they didn't tell me what went wrong but it is something irreparable.
Hopefully you shouldn't wait so long ☺

37 days!?!? That's incredible! Sorry to hear that Ribs. I hope you get your new phone soon and without anymore issues.
I can say with no question, this is the first and last device I will ever buy from Cat/bullit group.
Thanks for the reply. Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0
Finally, new Cat is in my hands :)
But there is something new in settings menu, SIM option for dual SIM. This was factory blocked in the first and second phone. I should try with another SIM to see if it is working.
This phone was advertised as a dual SIM but my carrier do not allow that. Personally no need for dual SIM but I would be happy if this phone is unlocked for dual SIM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones