• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [BoostMobile Only] Guide on returning to Stock

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me get my boost xt 1031 back to stock. I used the rootjunky.com method to completely wipe and restore, but his method apparently only works on the xt 1032.

I can totally follow video instructions but I don't know enough about development to try the method described in this post. Would someone be willing to translate into non-tech speak or point me to a root junky style pre-packaged script where all I have to do is double click on "run" and the thing self-executes?

Upvote 0
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me get my boost xt 1031 back to stock. I used the rootjunky.com method to completely wipe and restore, but his method apparently only works on the xt 1032.

I can totally follow video instructions but I don't know enough about development to try the method described in this post. Would someone be willing to translate into non-tech speak or point me to a root junky style pre-packaged script where all I have to do is double click on "run" and the thing self-executes?
on which stock you are ? i have one click (2 or 3) for 4.4.2
but for 4.4.4 or 5.0.2 you need manual setup.

Upvote 0
on which stock you are ? i have one click (2 or 3) for 4.4.2
but for 4.4.4 or 5.0.2 you need manual setup.

Thanks of your reply -- I'm not really sure how to answer your question because don't know what stock I have. Basically, whatever the root junky thing did to now put me on xt 1032 is what I now have on my phone. Does that answer your question?

Upvote 0
ED needs help, but ED not providing any useful info to support...lol
At least give a link which toasted your phone.
Ha! I wish I knew what info was helpful and what was not, but I'm good at answering questions.

Ok, I followed this video instruction and the download at www.rootjunky.com

The download and self executing scripts were right up my alley -- if only I had an XT 1032 it would work great-- but I don't so it shut off wifi, the radio to connect up to boost, etc.

Hopefully this helps?

Upvote 0
Ha! I wish I knew what info was helpful and what was not, but I'm good at answering questions.

Ok, I followed this video instruction and the download at www.rootjunky.com

The download and self executing scripts were right up my alley -- if only I had an XT 1032 it would work great-- but I don't so it shut off wifi, the radio to connect up to boost, etc.

Hopefully this helps?
Well it shouldn't be to hard to get you back to stock boost firmware. Every stock firmware zip has a batch file that runs the script, kind of like the scripts that were in the rootjunky video. I used to manually flash every file one be one, until I found out I could just double click on that batch file, and it did it all automatically for me.

First things first go to this site: http://www.filefactory.com/folder/c6cdedc45a775d27

2. Look for the stock boost zip (should be called): falcon_boost_user_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.57_57_release-keys-cid9.xml.zip

3. Extract the zip. (You should see files like motoboot.img, recovery.img, logo.bin, etc.)

4. I assume you already have adb and fastboot setup since you needed for the rootjunky tutorial. Locate the folder where you put the adb and fastboot files, when you followed the rootjunky guide. Just copy these files listed (adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, and fastboot.exe) to the extracted folder with the stock boost firmware files.

5. Now power off your phone. Then hold down the volume down button and power button and you should be in the bootloader, (I assume you've done this before). Plug in your USB cable to your phone and computer and you should be ready to use fastboot.

6. Now on the extracted folder hold shift and right click on the folder. Options should pop up, select open command window here.

7. In the command window type in "fastboot devices" to make sure your computer recognizes your phone is connected. (You should see like some numbers and letters, which means your phone is connected and ready to go. If you don't, you probably don't have adb and fastboot setup correctly).

8. Now go into the extracted folder and look for the batch file (falcon_boost_user_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.57_57_release-keys-cid9.bat) and double click on it. The script should automatically run and now all you have to do is wait until it finishes :D .

9. Once it's finish press any key and that command window should disappear. Now go back to the first command window you opened and type "fastboot reboot". You can unplug the phone from the computer at this point.

10. Now you just wait until it finishes booting and you should be in stock boost 4.4.4 KitKat. Now you can just do whatever you need to do, to activate your boost moto g on Ting.

This process has always worked for me and hopefully it works for you too. If doesn't than I'd still be willing to help in answering any questions on the original method stated in this thread by the op.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to hitesh123 for totally resetting my phone for me. Great person! I wish you all the best
Lol nooooo all the time I wasted typing and trying to help lol. [emoji23] [emoji24]

Edited: if any info I posted is incorrect or disrespectful to the original guide. Please feel free to delete my post, since the individual seeking help solved their issue. [emoji1]

Upvote 0
Lol nooooo all the time I wasted typing and trying to help lol. [emoji23] [emoji24]

Edited: if any info I posted is incorrect or disrespectful to the original guide. Please feel free to delete my post, since the individual seeking help solved their issue. [emoji1]
Your reply is totally appreciated. While I was able to get my phone unblocked, it looks like there is still a problem -- I can't get onto the boost network. Also, it thinks my IMEI is "0"

Any thoughts as to what could be going on?

Upvote 0
Your reply is totally appreciated. While I was able to get my phone unblocked, it looks like there is still a problem -- I can't get onto the boost network. Also, it thinks my IMEI is "0"

Any thoughts as to what could be going on?
I'm not too sure what to do in this situation. I got some quick questions that might help understand the situation a bit better. What do you mean by getting your phone unlocked? What was process you were told on how to reset your phone? Also, do you know if you're still on the xt1032 firmware or on the boost xt1031?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones