• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Inconsistent MMS

toad6386

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2010
So Cen TX
My wife is 1.58, unlocked, S-ON, and flashed to MEANROM 2.6. She cannot consistently send MMS, regardless of network environment, which is a problem for her, and by extension, for me. She is using stock app, and set for 5MB max. I've scanned the XDA thread for the ROM, but have been unable to find a fix. There is 600 plus pages, so it's totally possible I missed something.

So is there something I can try to help with this? Other than the MMS issue, the wife is quite happy with the ROM. Thanks in advance.

I found by going to the play store downloading a app called pimp my rom & doing some network & other modifications through the pimp my rom app I had better results sending & receiving mms

If you cant get the right settings I can type up the settings I have & give them to you

Thanks! I'll have to give that a shot. But as many n00b loops as I've put my phone in recently, my wife is always wary when I say "Let me see your phone..." :eek:

Upvote 0
above and beyond that,might try a 3rd party app such as handsent or GoSMS. ive found on some occasions that even just using 3rd party apps to send a few MMS will make the stock app behave correctly.

also wouldnt hurt to check the APN settings,and compare them a phone where things are working properly :)

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
above and beyond that,might try a 3rd party app such as handsent or GoSMS. ive found on some occasions that even just using 3rd party apps to send a few MMS will make the stock app behave correctly.

also wouldnt hurt to check the APN settings,and compare them a phone where things are working properly :)

how do you change the apn I still not get tha6t figured out

Upvote 0
various android versions,and builds within,are different,but generally settings/wireless and networks/options/access point names

not all builds will allow the changing of carrier locked cdma devices,but its worth a look :)

Well, of course, the settings on my wife's phone is the same that is on mine. I'm trying to convince her to let me flash a different ROM to see if the problem resolves itself, but I still get that deer in the headlights look when I say "Lemme see your phone..." :afraid:

Thanks tho!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones