• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] MikVirgin v1.0 - [5/20/2012] - [CDMA]

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    hey guys,
    just saw this on xda and thought i share. this is not mine but mik's:
    MikVirgin RC3 - [5/17/2012] - [CDMA]

aamikam said:
    Ok guys... i was able to mess around with all the VM leak apks and rebuild all of them... that means this rom got the usual treatment... i didnt clean out languages yet cuz i think i will be making a GSM version of this tom also... so until i do that im leaving it multilang.

This ROM is based on the Shooter VM leak that came to use 1st from mdeejay over at rootzwiki and later as an RUU from football.

And in case you missed my post from before... MikVirgin is the name... cuz its really too funny to pass on. Especially since a lot of guys got stuck with the tag "virgin" in their phone after flashing the leaked firmware.

I wanna give a quick thanks to Chubbzlou and Dropzeroc that got me going on this ICS... it was fun working with u guys... and im sure we not close to done yet.
    Thanks to Newt for his help with anything ICS related that he needed to show me or help me with.
    And another quick thanks to all of the Mikfamily thats running around the site these days (devs, themers, modders and users).

Features:
    100% Sprint (as if it was the Sprint ROM)
    Odex
    Stock look (cuz we like to make themes also)
    LeeDroid Tweaks (thanks m0narx, j4n87) (will add more into it much like MikTweaks is)
    HTC Sense 4 KB style (thanks jerrytan93)
    Extended browser, with windows button and other improvements (thanks leedroid dudes)
    HTC FMRadio
    Sony Bravia
    Sony XLoud
    RAM tweaks
    SQL tweaks
    build.prop tweaks
    Fast charge enabled
    Better EGL driver for better FPS
    TV out
    HDR, Panorama and Scenes added to Camera
    Beats on by default (w/ or w/o headset/BT connected, included beats notify)
    DSP manager
    Unlocked Hidden Fontsize settings and 3D Homescreen in Display settings
    Disabled Mms compression (max 5MB default set to 2MB)
    Editable Mms ports/servers/etc.
    BusyBox 1.19.4
    Extra MikApps Tab
    Mcluvn original InfiniteICS Skin

In Tweaks Currently:
    Statusbar:
    Hide and reorder quicksetting
    Hide specific notifications icons: alarm/gps/bluetooth/wifi/data/headset/volume
    Hide wifi config
    CM statusbar brighntess
    Center/hide clock
    Hide AM/PM from clock
    Choose clock color
    Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    Custom statusbar caption
    Line below carrier name to show: battery %, free mem, free space on sd, wifi state or cpu info(current freq, profile or usage
    Recent apps button with longpress action
    Quick quicksettings toggle: if not notification to clear, show immediatly quicksettings
    Notification Pulldown background color or image
    Statusbar transparencies
    Replace H icon with 4G/4G LTE/LTE/3G/3G+/H+
    Windows Phone 7 styled recent apps dialog
    HTC Sense 4 styled recent apps dialog
    Hide app icons from recent apps dialog
    Recent apps dialog background color or image
    Recent apps toggle button in notification pulldown - (long press to open recent apps dialog)

Lockscreen:
    ICS AOSP Lockscreen
    Custom carrier lockscreen text
    Toggle to use menu key to unlock
    Volume wake toggle
    Hide date/time/opname
    Hide AM/PM from clock
    Hide shortcut labels/bubles
    Hide lockring navbar
    Contol music by pressing volume keys

Rosie Launcher:
    Toggle between normal/supersmooth and ultra smooth rosie
    Unlock animation toggle(annoying carousell animation, each time you unlock)
    From 1 to 5 columns app drawer toggle
    Paginated app drawer toggle
    App drawer background color or image
    Hide navbar lables
    Transparency toggle for navbar
    Hide any app icons from app drawer
    Search and google play buttons in appdrawer(like in Sense 4.0)

Others:
    Phone Info: menu when you type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer
    Dim the backlight of capacitive buttons (not working yet)
    10 different overscroll colors!
    Mms screen on
    Mms Secure Box
    Mms Block List
    Sms Backup
    Earthquake Alert
    Toggle APM Items
    Different Autobrighntess levels
    Define different volume steps
    Toggle arrows on keyboard

Changelog:
    RC3: [5/17/2012]
    Fixed all SU issues (moved back to chainsd version also)
    Fixed mic on KB (i forgot who to thank... will add the name later)
    Exchange ActiveSync "Sync While Roaming" can now be enabled including push (update schedule) while roaming (thanks mikeyxda)
    HTML message format unlocked in Exchange Mail settings (thanks mikeyxda)
    Moved a lot of apks to system and odexed (to be more like stock rom)
    Enabled EQ/SRS/Dolby in Htc Music player
    Changed DSPManager to ICS version and fixed audio effects config to match
    Reverted back to older EGL drivers (seems smoother to me)
    Adjusted tweaks again
    Added all missing HTC apps and widgets (the list is long... so ill skip typing it)
    Added Multilingual support (kinda getting ready for GSM release also)
    Updated all Market apps and Market to latest versions

Im sure i forgot more things, but this close to me just needing to add my extra tweaks into the tweaks app... so i hope u guys will be happier with RC3.
    The rom full wipe again guys cuz i moved apps into system (make sure u do a backup of your data if u need to)

RC2: [5/14/2012]
    Re-build apks again to fine-tune anim speeds (so yes... full wipe, and should probably rework themes into the new version)
    Switched to SuperSU (hopefully u guys like that better, and hopefully it will work better
    Rewrote update script a lil diff
    Tweaked build.prop a lil more
    Disabled scroll cache (should scroll in apps even faster now)
    Deleted thermald and mpdecision and adjust andreoconfig
    Changed wimaxmtd to sprint instead of virginmobile
    Added USB tether and BT tether (native HTC tethering, not extra apps) - BT should work, the rest im working on.
    Added long press for quick settings:
    4G - 4G settings
    Power Saver - extended power saver settings
    Flashlight - Flashlight app
    All Settings - Tweaks app
    Added force roam mode to phone settings
    Added more anim speeds to developer menu (i always like to mess with that stuff more myself... so u guys should also)
    Added more font sizes option to display settings
    Added HtcNotes and widget
    Added HtcTwitter and widget
    Added EReader and widget
    Added Flashlight
    Removed HtcRadio (didnt work right... sorry)

RC1: [5/10/2012]
    Ported/RePorted over LeeDroid Tweaks (m0narx HTC Sensation version)
    Added WiMAX (4G) toggle to quicksettings
    Rebuilt all apks/framework after running a lil cleanup/optimization inside
    Optimized Images (smush it) and PNG (optipng -o7 -zm1-9)
    Adjusted compression ratios in apks
    Zipaligned using Zipalign from latest Android-SDK

Known Bugs:
    Native Sprint Hotspot/USB tether cuts off 3G when turned on (use wifi tether app from market or google page)

I'm pretty sure i left a few things out... but this rom as far as speed, functionality and overall option is pretty much way above RC level... but i'm not done with it yet... so i want it to be RC for now.

just finished downloading this. i will post later on what i think of it. if anybody else has tried this, i would greatly appreciate some feedback on it.

Reactions: DonB
    Finally decided to.join us in the 3vo forums ocnbrze? :)

i bounce around here and there. i will most likely trade this phone in though so that i can get the htc evo lte. but i will try to be more present here as much as i can.

ok so this rom is amazing as are all of mik's previous roms. i have been running this for over a day now and with the kernel that comes with this rom, i'm at 50% with 23 hrs off charge!!!! i'm overclocked to 1188 with the ondemand governor. this is one of the fastest and smoothest roms so far i have tried on this phone.

this rom is stock but has some cool stuff like the ledroid tweaks and such.

Upvote 0
    Have you tried Dropzeroc Rom also, there is some of Mik's work in there also, HERE I use this as my daily also

i bounce around here and there. i will most likely trade this phone in though so that i can get the htc evo lte. but i will try to be more present here as much as i can.

ok so this rom is amazing as are all of mik's previous roms. i have been running this for over a day now and with the kernel that comes with this rom, i'm at 50% with 23 hrs off charge!!!! i'm overclocked to 1188 with the ondemand governor. this is one of the fastest and smoothest roms so far i have tried on this phone.

Upvote 0
    Have you tried Dropzeroc Rom also, there is some of Mik's work in there also, HERE I use this as my daily also

i have not tried it yet. been really happy so far with mikvirgin. i will try dropzeroc's rom probably this weekend. gonna give mikvirgin some play time.

i'm really digging it so far especially now that v01 is released!!!

Upvote 0

I have this ROM flashed and because I'm rooted via HTC Unlcock S On the only way I was able to flash the rom was to do it seperate from the Kernel. Can you tell me exactly which Kernel it supposed to come with? I've been using AnthraX-htcleak-rls1.zip and tried Anthrax_ICS-RLS5.zip. I didnt notice anything different but was just glad they both worked. However I wanna make sure I'm using the right one..

I also tried Newts-One-S-RC3-signed.zip as well. Is there a way to find the kernel within the ROMS prior to flashing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones