• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [rooted] HTC Sense lockscreen gone!

hey guys my htc sense lockscreen is gone... i am rooted (ofc) and i used go locker ics lockscreen..but now i want to switch back to my sense lockscreen i cant! its there in my apps and stuff but whenever i lock my phone the lockscreen wont show up it will just unlock the phone auto..im running ICS W/ sense 3.6 evo 3d gsm.

OK, which Rom are you on

virtous shooter 3.0.2 ics .. the sense lock screen worked fine always until i got go locker and used it evne if i remove go locker i wont have a lockscreen i tried reflashing the rom (my apps/data) wont go away unless i factory reset and i have alot of apps...i need to restore them again from titanium backup which takes a lot of time....i dont know how to restore them from recovery after backing up it will restore everything..not my apps.

Upvote 0
I am not familiar with that Rom, try this, if you have not already, I would uninstal the Go Locker, but before you do that if you have not already done so, maybe try opening the app and see if there is admin rights that you might have to uncheck, if not, then uninstall, then go to settings/applications/manage applications/hit the All tab, the scroll down until you see HTC Lockscreen, see if it gives you the option to clear cache and data. If not, before you do a full wipe, I would post in the Rom thread that you downloaded and see if they have a way for you to resolve this issue without doing a full wipe.

virtous shooter 3.0.2 ics .. the sense lock screen worked fine always until i got go locker and used it evne if i remove go locker i wont have a lockscreen i tried reflashing the rom (my apps/data) wont go away unless i factory reset and i have alot of apps...i need to restore them again from titanium backup which takes a lot of time....i dont know how to restore them from recovery after backing up it will restore everything..not my apps.

Upvote 0
I am not familiar with that Rom, try this, if you have not already, I would uninstal the Go Locker, but before you do that if you have not already done so, maybe try opening the app and see if there is admin rights that you might have to uncheck, if not, then uninstall, then go to settings/applications/manage applications/hit the All tab, the scroll down until you see HTC Lockscreen, see if it gives you the option to clear cache and data. If not, before you do a full wipe, I would post in the Rom thread that you downloaded and see if they have a way for you to resolve this issue without doing a full wipe.

okay i think ill do the full wipe but off topic,if i backed up all my phone in recovery (nandroid backup is the word?) it gives me alot of options when i want to restore them if i restore all of it it will restore everything and that might get that lock screen bug again how to only restore apps and data when in recovery..

Upvote 0
I would love to help you, but I am not familiar with the GSM version and recoveries, to be safe, I would post in the Virus thread where you got your Rom from, there might be an easier solution. But if you prefer to go your route, I would first create a Nandroid of your current Rom, this way if you mess anything up with what you are going to do, then you can always restore back, better safe then sorry, NANDROID is your friend. Goodluck, keep us posted

okay i think ill do the full wipe but off topic,if i backed up all my phone in recovery (nandroid backup is the word?) it gives me alot of options when i want to restore them if i restore all of it it will restore everything and that might get that lock screen bug again how to only restore apps and data when in recovery..

Upvote 0
I currently use CWM, and when I do a backup it only does a current backup, which does restore all as is, so yest yours will do the same
i just backup up the whole phone and restored factory settings and now i go to restore my data it says no files found !? i checked it on my pc there is a backup folder in CWM but it says the file is corrupt , good god oh mighty help me out on this guys i dont want to lose all my data!

Upvote 0
Try booting into recovery from your phone, and then try restoring your Nandroid from there, not from within the CWM app, let me know. If the file is corrupted, then you maybe SOL, hope not for your sake.

What I always do, before doing a FR, i always do the Nandroid, then I reboot, and test the Nandroid from my phone in recovery. to make sure the backup is good.

i just backup up the whole phone and restored factory settings and now i go to restore my data it says no files found !? i checked it on my pc there is a backup folder in CWM but it says the file is corrupt , good god oh mighty help me out on this guys i dont want to lose all my data!

Upvote 0
Don't know how it works for GSM, but CDMA versions, our apps are also stored on Google server, so if you did a FR, and signed in to Gmail, your apps should slowly restore themselves, but not the data on them.

I mentioned not to jump the gun, you got impatient, you should of waited because you were unsure, and you should of posted in the Rom thread you download. Sorry to hear about your issues, but I tried.;)

well shoot i had alot of apps i mean alot and now they are all gone..no backup..nothing..

Reactions: Austin3161337
Upvote 0
Don't know how it works for GSM, but CDMA versions, our apps are also stored on Google server, so if you did a FR, and signed in to Gmail, your apps should slowly restore themselves, but not the data on them.

I mentioned not to jump the gun, you got impatient, you should of waited because you were unsure, and you should of posted in the Rom thread you download. Sorry to hear about your issues, but I tried.;)

yeah they restore itself but unfortunately not the data i was using nova launcher and i have a backup of that so thats fine..but sometimes the apps wont restore ill report to you back if they restore itself , keep up with me please thanks.

Upvote 0
yeah they restore itself but unfortunately not the data i was using nova launcher and i have a backup of that so thats fine..but sometimes the apps wont restore ill report to you back if they restore itself , keep up with me please thanks.

hey man i was wondering is there a way to let all my apps from titanium backup install without me having to confirm each and everyone one of them?

Upvote 0
Correct me if I am wrong, I believe that can be done, but it requires the paid version, but to be sure, send the Dev an email he will respond and let you know.

Here is the Devs Site, HERE

hey man i was wondering is there a way to let all my apps from titanium backup install without me having to confirm each and everyone one of them?

Upvote 0
You can try this and see if it works, I only use TB for uninstalling and freezing apps, I usually do a full wipe and allow Google to install my apps, I don't care about the data, because sometimes that corrupts the app, so I like a fresh install on new Roms

6. Restore

i. How to restore your backups after installing a ROM (if you wiped your phone)

• If you just formatted your SD card, don

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones