1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Will running the stock RUU UNROOT my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnny124, Dec 20, 2012.

1. johnny124

johnny124 Well-Known Member

Will running the stock RUU UNROOT my phone? If so, I don't remember the token or the method I used to root it in the first place. Can you please clarify what token to re-root you are referring to and how. I am really looking to S-OFF to but a little concerned being a noob at this stuff. Thanks guys

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

When you unlock the bootloader through HTCdev they send you a file called Unlock_code.bin

You flash that to the pone through fastboot with the command (i think) fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

If you still have your unlock token you can just use it again to unlock without having to use fastboot oem get_identifier_token and sending that code to HTCdev again.

When you s-off it will return your bootloader to LOCKED

Scotty just made a flashable file that you flash through recovery that will lock or unlock the bootloader with a quick flash. S-off required, but that is much simpler if you s-off and want to unlock again.

johnny124 likes this.
  3. johnny124

I think I found it under HTC. It says this:
    Recovery.img
    Unlock_code.bin
    So I flash that to my phone with fastboot with those commands? I might be over my head with the S-off thing but I think I am going to try.

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

You are probably already unlocked since you are rooted. You just need to be on the stock rom and unlocked to do the wire trick!

johnny124 likes this.
  5. johnny124

OK, I am getting close but where can I find the stock ROM???? Will that one you posted above work with 1.5 S-On unlocked? Sorry if these are dumb questions just don't want to bork this. Thanks

6. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

You can run the RUU yes, the one I posted would work for you. But then after running you have to re-root the phone.

Unlock
    Flash Recovery
    Flash SuperSU

They suggest running the RUU but I don't see why you can't just flash the stock rom. It's a lot easier.

Find the stock rom here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1420206&highlight=stock

I would download the one named: Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.17.651.5_odex.zip since you are on hboot 1.5 so that you won't hit any bootloops.

Just do a full wipe and flash in recovery like you would with any rom.

johnny124 likes this.
  7. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Moved on it's own so there is no confusion between the 2 members

scotty85 and Brian706 like this.
  8. johnny124

Thanks you, I wish there was a way for us to pay you guys back for all your time and advice. I am going to give S-OFF a try...Cross your fingers.
    *EDIT*wouldn't flash it just kept rebooting. Might have to RUU or just stay S-ON undecided and frustrated. The only thing that is stopping me right now is getting back to stock ROM.

Brian706 likes this.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews