• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change Screen Lock

rbw522

Lurker
Nov 17, 2010
I have a Droid X. I was previously employed by a company that used Exchange Server and Active Sync and I added my company email account to the Droid X. This forced me to use a 4 digit pin as required by the mail admin of the company. I no longer work for this company, and deleted the active sync account from my phone (and no longer have access to it by any means). The security settings for the PIN however have remained, and are a pain. When I check SETTINGS -> LOCATION & SECURITY -> CHANGE SCREEN LOCK -> CHANGE SCREEN LOCK the options, "None" and "Pattern" are grayed out and not selectable. When I look under SETTINGS -> LOCATION & SECURITY ->SELECT DEVICE ADMINISTRATORS the device administrator is listed a "Corporate Sync" and I cannot change or delete this. Does anyone know how to get rid of these?

probably like this b/c you had security software installed on your phone to allow you into the exchange server (your four digit pin is example of this security)

in my opinion (not an IT expert) you will probably have to reinstall stock 2.2 to erase whatever security protocols exist.

I want my work email on my phone, but not willing to let IT touch it and install anything on it b/c it locks down your device.

good luck!

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, I have already deleted the Exchange Active Sync account on my Droid X, and had the Exchange Administrator delete the device on the Exchange Server...still no luck. I am suspecting that it may be due to the fact that the Exchange account was likely already disabled when I deleted the ActiveSync account from the Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones