• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change start up/splash screen?

Just went from my N1 (from when it came out for AT&T) to the G S2.

The splash screen is ok.. just a extra step to get to the main which is kinda no biggie.. but when I went to bed last night I notice that there is no swipe to mute the phone from the splash screen (unlike with the N1 from the splash screen you could mute the phone or turn it off right there at the splash screen).

Anyone else miss that little function instead of diving into the phone to mute it?

Other than it is a amazing phone (Got one for my wife a few weeks ago so it was my turn) and you really do get your $$$ worth. Now off to get a case for it.

Upvote 0
Ahh just checked that out.. yup hold on to the power button and it comes up with the silent/airplane mode or shut off.

you can download widget locker from the android market, it lets you choose from several lockscreens and most of those have the slider that will put the phone in vibrate or silent mode. its also very customizable, well worth the $2

Upvote 0
Just went from my N1 (from when it came out for AT&T) to the G S2.

The splash screen is ok.. just a extra step to get to the main which is kinda no biggie.. but when I went to bed last night I notice that there is no swipe to mute the phone from the splash screen (unlike with the N1 from the splash screen you could mute the phone or turn it off right there at the splash screen).

Anyone else miss that little function instead of diving into the phone to mute it?

Other than it is a amazing phone (Got one for my wife a few weeks ago so it was my turn) and you really do get your $$$ worth. Now off to get a case for it.

i too went from an N1 to an S2, and love the phone....both actually. wish the S2 had notification lights like the trackball color on the N1.

you can also mute the S2 by turning it over when a call comes in, or like others have said short press pwr button.
cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones