• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Change Wildfire Ringtone???

wildfire73

Lurker
Dec 12, 2010
Hi, im a new noobie Andriod and Wildfire owner, 1 day infact!

I want to add new ringtones. Can anyone give me advise on downloading ringtones to my Wildfire and converting it to a ringtone please?

so far i've downloaded a ringtone that is somewhere on my SD! How can i set this as a ringtone? I've used ES file explorer but couldn't see any options to "SET AS RINGTONE"

Any advise you can give on the how's to's of downloading (simple terms please- step by step guide) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Changing the ringtone ???

Choose from the available selections of ringtones on your phone.
  1. From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Personalize > Default ringtone.
  3. Tap the ringtone you want to use. The ringtone briefly plays when selected.
  4. Tap OK.
To assign MP3 as Ringtone:

On the root of your SD, create a folder called "media". Inside that, create "audio". Inside that put folders called "alarms", "notifications" and "ringtones" . then put your mp3s in your relevent folders,... then you should be able to find them when trying to select them from music playlist u can choose it as ringtone...hope i helped

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones