• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help changing the folder icon

zlevap

Lurker
Nov 14, 2009
Hello fellows users. I have the motorola android. In an effort to organize my screens better I added folders and dropped application shortcuts into them. I renamed the folders but I would like to change the icons. Too many of the same looking folder: (
please help!

Hello fellows users. I have the motorola android. In an effort to organize my screens better I added folders and dropped application shortcuts into them. I renamed the folders but I would like to change the icons. Too many of the same looking folder: (
please help!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Not Changeable to my knowledge ... Definately not for G1,G2, MTG3 ..

Please keep your questions in the forum for the particular phone you have a question or post for.

Upvote 0
I've been researching this for quite some time. What I want to to do is have a folder on my home screen that contains direct dial numbers and one for direct texts. Problem is, when using appsorganizer or folderorganizer you cannot drag one of these direct dials into it, nor can you add a label to a direct dial shortcut (because they aren't in the list).

Is there a known way without rooting to create a folder on the home screen, change the icon, and then add direct dial shortcuts into it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones