• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charge level on lock screen while charging?

mplevy

Android Expert
Nov 13, 2009
New York, USA
I used to have a Motorola Droid. On the lock screen, under the time, it would say "Charging (xx%)" so you didn't have to unlock the phone to see how much it was charged. Is there a way to get that on the TB? Believe it or not, I actually kind of miss that. Would a different launcher do that? I wasn't a huge fan of Sense originally but it's growing on me.

You mean something like this?

iPhonechargingscreen_thumb.jpg

Oh wait, you mean one for the Thunderbolt....my bad...Something like THIS?

iphone-battery-discharged.jpg

Reactions: Abhay Bhatt
Upvote 0
I forget, does sense not have an option to show the status bar on the lockscreen? Been a while.
the status bar is ALWAYS shown on the lock screen in sense. it cannot be turned off.

to the OP, the only way to fix this is to try different lock screens.
Ripple lock is a nice looking lock screen, it is free, and does what you want it to do.

Upvote 0
the status bar is ALWAYS shown on the lock screen in sense. it cannot be turned off.

to the OP, the only way to fix this is to try different lock screens.
Ripple lock is a nice looking lock screen, it is free, and does what you want it to do.

So the stock status bar does not have a battery indicator? IIRC it does not show percentage, but it does give some indication of charge and whether it is charging, right?

Upvote 0
So the stock status bar does not have a battery indicator? IIRC it does not show percentage, but it does give some indication of charge and whether it is charging, right?

that is correct. the stock status bar does show a battery meter, but it doesn't give even close to an accurate battery reading.

some ROMs out there have a charging indicator, which also shows the charge level every 5 seconds or so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones