1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Charge level on lock screen while charging?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mplevy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert

I used to have a Motorola Droid. On the lock screen, under the time, it would say "Charging (xx%)" so you didn't have to unlock the phone to see how much it was charged. Is there a way to get that on the TB? Believe it or not, I actually kind of miss that. Would a different launcher do that? I wasn't a huge fan of Sense originally but it's growing on me.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Widget locker would allow for this and a lot more.

Market link it may be cheaper on amazon

3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

You mean something like this?

[​IMG]

Oh wait, you mean one for the Thunderbolt....my bad...Something like THIS?

[​IMG]

Abhay Bhatt likes this.
  4. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

I forget, does sense not have an option to show the status bar on the lockscreen? Been a while.

5. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

the status bar is ALWAYS shown on the lock screen in sense. it cannot be turned off.

to the OP, the only way to fix this is to try different lock screens.
    Ripple lock is a nice looking lock screen, it is free, and does what you want it to do.

6. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Har. Har.

:p

7. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

So the stock status bar does not have a battery indicator? IIRC it does not show percentage, but it does give some indication of charge and whether it is charging, right?

8. Chrizzl3

Chrizzl3 Android Enthusiast

shiftaospblacksource ROM has exactly what u need, shows accurate charging while charging etc. dont know how to post a screensht or i would

9. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

that is correct. the stock status bar does show a battery meter, but it doesn't give even close to an accurate battery reading.

some ROMs out there have a charging indicator, which also shows the charge level every 5 seconds or so.

10. brandonrr

brandonrr Newbie

i'm running liquid thunderbread 2.6 and it shows the charge status in the lock screen. ironically, it doesn't show the charge status when the phone is unlocked. lol

11. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast

I use a pattern lock on my phone and when my phone is locked and I slide the bar down to unlock it it shows the battery percentage when the pattern screen shows up.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews