• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Charge Seidio 3500 with phone

Got my Yooboa battery charged yesterday afternoon and popped it in the phone at 4pm. Used the phone for a couple of hours, checking email, a little web browsing, etc. As you can see from the JuicePlotter chart it took 3 hours of use to draw it down to 90% and this is only on the first charge.

Didn't charge the phone overnight and with some downloads that are scheduled to occur during the night I still was at 80% 14 hours later. I'll see how well it holds up today with a full day's activities.

Very happy with the fit and finish of the Yooboa phone back. The phone with the new battery and back still fits in my BestBuy Rocketfish universal belt case.

I think I'm going to be loving my phone's new capacity! Cross my fingers that it holds up for the next day or so.
photostream

hows your android system so low in your battery usage, is your phone rooted?

Upvote 0
I have the Seidio 3500 mAh and usually leave mine running and plugged in overnight and never really suspected it was not charging to 100%.

So today when I read this thread it had been off the internal charger for about 6 hours. I plugged the OEM wall charger cable back into my EVO and when the light turned green, I took it off the charger and looked at the battery status in settings and it was still a full green bar.

I powered off and turned it back on and went into SystemPanelApp. It showed 4026 mV which I calculate as 95%, but I think it said it was at 91%.

Where are you finding that is only shows or drops to 65%.

Do I have to wipe battery stats? How do I do that?

I plugged it back in and now it shows 99% and 4181 mV

If it makes any difference I am unrooted, unrevoked on 2.1 as I am waiting for the official 2.2 to be cracked and have not rooted and installed CM6 RC2 as it does not yet do 4G, nor full, unrestricted UI HDMI out. I am enjoying my 4G at the office and am also waiting in the hopes that they will be able to get HDMI expanded.

Upvote 0
Update of using a Yooboa battery externally charged one time (1st time) after 24 hours of what I would consider moderate use, 7 hours of awake time. It was at 32% capacity.

What the last 6 hours of use looks like, about 30%+ of capacity.

Breakdown of the last 24 hours

Hopefully this is useful to someone. More info as I charge cycle the battery a second time.

Upvote 0
I got my 3500 yesterday and used an external charger to charge up the battery. I put it in the Evo around 830 last night and it went from 100 to 92 in 30 minutes. It stayed steady at 92 for about 3 hours...during that time i passed a few messages back and forth with my sister on Gtalk. Around 1130 i just wanted to put it to a test so i turned on Pandora and let it play all night and i turned it off around 630. I haven't done too much to it from that point and right now about 15 1/2 hours later i'm at 36%. It seems pretty good for the first cycle to me....especially after beating it for 7 straight hours while streaming music. I don't need it to go for 2 days straight...as long as i know it can get me thru a long day without worrying about a charge i'm cool with that. As far as my charge dropping down to 92 within the first 30 minutes...i have no clue what that was about because i used an external.

Upvote 0
That 92% seems to be a key value here with these batteries because I am noticing a steady from 92% thing also (I'm currently testing charging via the phone). Mine also dropped to 92 within 30 minutes. Going to charge the battery via the external tonight to see if it does that. This will be my 5th recharge with the Yoobao battery.

Upvote 0
That 92% seems to be a key value here with these batteries because I am noticing a steady from 92% thing also (I'm currently testing charging via the phone). Mine also dropped to 92 within 30 minutes. Going to charge the battery via the external tonight to see if it does that. This will be my 5th recharge with the Yoobao battery.

Be sure to post back and let us know how it works. When I get home I'm going to take out the Seidio and put it back in the external charger and put my chinese battery back in the phone. I already know at this point I can get a full day from the seidio but this battery thing has me stumped because i didn't charge from the phone and it still dropped from 100 pretty quick. I used the juiceplotter and even when i was streaming the music during the night it seemed to only by dropping 3% every hour.

Upvote 0
Used the external charger again last night and put in the battery at 815am...I am at 90% 3 hours later and i have only sent about 5 messages on gtalk and declined 2 phone calls. Again this is with the Seidio 3500...some people are saying they can't kill this battery if they tried...i don't know...maybe it'll level off and stay put for a while now that it's at 90%.

Upvote 0
Ok I think my Seidio is finally coming to full strength. I think I am on charge 5 and I am no longer seeing the drastic drop from 100 to 90. I put the battery in about 3 1/2 hours ago and I am at 95 right now. I downloaded a couple apps and checked a few messages so the usage was very light. But the first time I used this battery it dropped from 100 to 90 in about 30 minutes with me doing absolutely nothing. I have decided I would not use the wall charger due to the problems so I just use the external charger. Some have voiced the concern with the clips breaking on the case but I think as long as you follow the directions it's very easy. So I put my stock battery in around 8pm and put the phone in the external charger and let it charge at night. I agree we shouldn't have to do that but it's a pointless argument because there is no fix for the charging bug.

Upvote 0
Ok I think my Seidio is finally coming to full strength. I think I am on charge 5 and I am no longer seeing the drastic drop from 100 to 90. I put the battery in about 3 1/2 hours ago and I am at 95 right now. I downloaded a couple apps and checked a few messages so the usage was very light. But the first time I used this battery it dropped from 100 to 90 in about 30 minutes with me doing absolutely nothing. I have decided I would not use the wall charger due to the problems so I just use the external charger. Some have voiced the concern with the clips breaking on the case but I think as long as you follow the directions it's very easy. So I put my stock battery in around 8pm and put the phone in the external charger and let it charge at night. I agree we shouldn't have to do that but it's a pointless argument because there is no fix for the charging bug.

well yeh you mentioned the main points: if you charge using external charging, it charges up to nearly full, so you wont see the 100% to 90% drop. but i hate changing batteries, and shouldnt have to. I should be able to simply plug my phone up and it charge up full, but it never does. The EVE will simply not properly recognize when the battery is actually full. Everytime it turns green for me, when i disconnect and wait, it'll drop down way past the 100% it orignally was

damn we need a fix where we dont have to take out the batter and charge it elsewhere to get a full charge

Upvote 0
hjoneshjones: when you said charge 5, did you mean five full 100% to single digit cycles? I just got my seidio 3500mah, and am curious about the initialization process to get to the full capacity. Also what's the battery voltage reading after you put in the fresh charged battery (from external charger) and booted it up, i only saw 4.15v instead of the 4.2v I was expecting. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones