• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Charging car dock

th_IMG_0975.jpg

th_IMG_0978.jpg

th_IMG_0980.jpg

th_IMG_0979.jpg

th_IMG_0984.jpg

th_IMG_0983.jpg

Upvote 0
Anyway you could increase the size of the photos? Those are pretty dinky...maybe some thumbnails?

Also, how does the "suction cup" function. Is it one of those that you just lick and slap on, or is there a lever that you move up and down (like most Garmin devices) to make sure it sticks nice and tight to a surface?

Edit: NVM about resizing the photos.

So you actually bought the HDMI cable? Too rich for my blood...

P.S. Love the faux-Bentley grill on your 300 :p

Upvote 0
If I'm looking at the pics right in the second pic from the top that is showing the back of the mount with a Megellan dual notch? If so this opens alot of doors as far as a customizable mount for any car. Does the suction cup part slide into the notches on the back of the phone holder mount?
The mount uses a garmin ball mount that connects the mount to the dual notch. The dual notch part then has a plastic nut (so to speak) that tightens down onto the garmin like ball. Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Anyway you could increase the size of the photos? Those are pretty dinky...maybe some thumbnails?

Also, how does the "suction cup" function. Is it one of those that you just lick and slap on, or is there a lever that you move up and down (like most Garmin devices) to make sure it sticks nice and tight to a surface?

Edit: NVM about resizing the photos.

So you actually bought the HDMI cable? Too rich for my blood...

P.S. Love the faux-Bentley grill on your 300 :p
My Hdmi cable off ebay was 7.99 shipped.;)

Upvote 0
The mount uses a garmin ball mount that connects the mount to the dual notch. The dual notch part then has a plastic nut (so to speak) that tightens down onto the garmin like ball. Hope that makes sense.

Makes sense but I have no use for the arm at all as I don't like things stuck to my windshield. I'm going to find a Magellan 2 prong flat mount which will slide into the back of the dock and go from there. I have a proclip in my Infiniti already. This should work great with that combo.

Upvote 0
Damn, looks like I'll need a new car with an aux input port to take full advantage of this car mount...:D

I don't suppose there's a workaround for older car stereos that don't have an auxilary input? It would be nice to see one of these in action just to see where all the connections would run.

I've discarded several FM transmitters and cassette adapters in favor of the PIE device for my Toyota. It plugs into the back of my original CD player and gives me an aux in. Works great, and I was able to install it myself in about 15 minutes. Auxiliary Audio Inputs for OEM and Aftermarket Radios

Upvote 0
So it can fit any case type?

Nope. I bought the body glove and it won't fit. :( Someone else reported in another thread that they tried the carbon-fiber case and it didn't fit either. Apparently the case will need to be fairly thin. I'll test out my daughter's X tonight - she has the silicone cover. Hard to believe they didn't test these beforehand.

Upvote 0
So I take my car dock out of the box and try to put it on my dash and it doesn't stick because it isn't glass (duh).

Anyone have any recommendations for fixing it down. I was thinking some form of 3M tape/putty and velcro, but I'd like to hear what others may have done.

Nm. I'm dumb. It comes with a dashboard pad. I was in too much of a hurry to put it on earlier I didn't notice all the parts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones