• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging "flickers." Please help, greatly appreciated.

allenb

Mar 18, 2010
Everything was working fine with my dinc up until tonight, when I attempted to charge the phone. Whenever I plug it in to charge, the charge seems to flicker (The charge LED keeps turning on and off, and the charging indicator in the notification bar keeps flashing from charging to not charging).

I suspected it might be a cable problem, so I used a completely new charging cable and plug that I got from my replacement dinc. Same problem.

Please note that this phone is in stock, original form. No rooting or any modifications have been done to it.

Any ideas as to what is wrong or what I can do to fix it? I tried pulling the battery but that did no good. When I put it back in, the phone automatically turns on (without me touching anything) and the same charging problem persists.

All help is greatly appreciated. Greatly. Thank you in advance.

If you are using a computer and a hub make sure that the hub is powered. I have one that appears to be powered but the power cable has a problem and when I plug my DInc into the hub it charges and stops, this is due to the fact that the PC cannot supply enough current over the USB line that goes into the hub. Max on PC is 500mA and the DInc requests 500mA from the system. Once I get the power jack connected right it works fine. I just got a new hub, all is well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones