• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging Lag???

xkingofgodzx

Android Enthusiast
May 15, 2010
New York
Im not sure whats up with my phone but i have noticed when it is charging, it is extremely slow. Like to the point where i dont want to use it at all while its plugged in. I cant figure out whats wrong with it. I am running Telsa coil 1.7 and adynalines 1.2 ghz kernel. Besides this, i haven't noticed any lag at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Likely a problem with the charger you're using. If it is the Verizon "green or efficient" one, it doesn't put out the right amount of current (I haven't figured out if it is too high or too low) and screws with the touch screen. I have the same problem with my Inc, but I'm too broke at the moment to go buy a new one so I'm just forcing myself to live with it. To test this theory, plug it into your computer via USB (or car charger) and see if it acts the same way, my bet is that it won't and that the charger is at fault. If that test fails, its possible that the hardware is defective but I doubt it.

Upvote 0
Im not sure whats up with my phone but i have noticed when it is charging, it is extremely slow. Like to the point where i dont want to use it at all while its plugged in. I cant figure out whats wrong with it. I am running Telsa coil 1.7 and adynalines 1.2 ghz kernel. Besides this, i haven't noticed any lag at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have SetCPU installed? Different ROM/kernel combos have different ways of managing your phones overclocking and underclocking. It could be the governor the ROM dev uses...it could be the clock speed they are using when charging. SetCPU allows you to control the clockspeed and set profiles. I have a profile for when the phone is sleeping (screen off), when its charging, etc.

I never trust the dev to set the clockspeed or governor the way I like it. SetCPU allows me to control this the way I see fit.

Upvote 0
Do you have SetCPU installed? Different ROM/kernel combos have different ways of managing your phones overclocking and underclocking. It could be the governor the ROM dev uses...it could be the clock speed they are using when charging. SetCPU allows you to control the clockspeed and set profiles. I have a profile for when the phone is sleeping (screen off), when its charging, etc.

I never trust the dev to set the clockspeed or governor the way I like it. SetCPU allows me to control this the way I see fit.

I use setCPU for all my roms/kernel combinations. I have a few profiles set up. My screen off is set accordingly at 368/245 but if this were this issue why wouldnt it happen any other time im using the phone? Also i have a profile set up for charging which is 1228/806. Plus i have the charging priority higher than the screen off.

Upvote 0
I use setCPU for all my roms/kernel combinations. I have a few profiles set up. My screen off is set accordingly at 368/245 but if this were this issue why wouldnt it happen any other time im using the phone? Also i have a profile set up for charging which is 1228/806. Plus i have the charging priority higher than the screen off.

What governor are you using. I heard that "smartass" causes some problems when using profiles. This definitely sounds like a conflict with SetCPU and the profiles though so I would double check your settings.

What happens if you turn profiles off? Do you still have the same issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones