• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging question

The_shake_down

Mar 18, 2010
Tampa
I got my phone today!!

Just a quick question though. When it's charging is there supposed to be a red/green light to let you know that its done charging when you plug it in or stays red while it's charging? If it's not there its not a huge deal but I see a spot on the top front where it looks like it would be and I want to make sure nothings wrong.

Yeah no led. What you see is the proximity sensor. Also the battery will charge up to 100% then stops charging even if still plugged in. It won't re charge till battery drops to 95% and then back to 100% and the cycle repeats. Enjoy the SF

Ah good man, you answered my question. So now I don't have to start a new thread. However, I do have a few questions. Doesn't it seem odd that it charges to 100% then begins to discharge, then, if I understand correctly, it starts to charge again when it drops to 95%? And won't this cycle of discharging and recharging harm the battery's life expectancy and charge holding capabilites? ( I can't think of the exact word I'm looking for so I hope you know what I mean when I say charge holding capabilites lol. )

Upvote 0
Ah good man, you answered my question. So now I don't have to start a new thread. However, I do have a few questions. Doesn't it seem odd that it charges to 100% then begins to discharge, then, if I understand correctly, it starts to charge again when it drops to 95%? And won't this cycle of discharging and recharging harm the battery's life expectancy and charge holding capabilites? ( I can't think of the exact word I'm looking for so I hope you know what I mean when I say charge holding capabilites lol. )
I do and I see your point. On this type of battery these mini recharges are not very harmful at all and certainly much less than pumping the voltage thru a fully charged battery already; that would be much more damaging and life cycle shortening

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones