• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging while using

I have an FHD 10 model number ME302C that will not charge when I'm using it. The manual indicates it should charge when using the wall charger while the tablet is in use, but must be in sleep mode to charge directly from the computer.

At present, any charging must happen when the unit is fully turned off.

I've sent a ticket to Asus, but while I wait their reply, I thought I would ask here if there is a software setting that affects this feature. There are lots of times I run out of battery while working on something and it would be nice to just plug in the charger and keep doing so. When I do, it indicates it is charging, but the percentage continues to drop.

Alternatively, I might try a higher amperage charger, but the one that came with the device is a full 2 amps.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones