• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

China tablet - need help to root and install Android

gavinv3

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
Friends,
I had purchased a tablet when the first news of tablets was out. Since tablets were not available, the only choice was to order one from Hong Kong.
This tablet says that it has version 2.2 when I start it, its extremely slow and can hardly use it. the tablet when begins its got an Iphone kind of a look and has apps that just dont work. it asks me to force close all the time
I am very new to Android and want to begin with all the troubleshooting available as this device does not have waranty, I want to learn how to root and install different versions of Android. starting with version 2.2

I need your help to begin.

* Can someone help me how to go about removing the old and install a new version of Android 2.2
* How to root the device
* Where I can dowload the ROM to install
Any step by step help will be great.

Thanks,
Gavin

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones