• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ChompSMS 2.1 question

cmajpwc

Android Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2010
Something interesting is happening.

When I turned on delivery reports to test it in ChompSMS, I never got a text message back. Instead, three dots appeared next to the text, and after a couple seconds passed, it turned into the check mark that showed up next to the message in 1.5. Is that the way ChompSMS lets you know it got delivered, or is it a glitch that makes the program not work? There were no text messages in the stock messaging app saying it got delivered, which in 1.5, the delivery text showed up in both apps. If this is the new way of doing it, I like this a lot, because it is easier to understand instead of getting the check and then a text saying it got delivered. But if it's a glitch that just doesn't send the delivery text back for some reason, then I would be upset. Not that I use them often, but for important texts, I like to know when the other person gets the text.

Edit: Just tried something on my mom's phone. I shut off her phone and sent her a text. The three dots remained next the the message until 5 minutes later when I turned her phone back on and she got the message. A few seconds later, the check mark appeared. Interesting... But why am I not getting a delivery text? I thought that was what delivery reports meant in this OS, am I wrong?

a "delivery report" itself usually meant the checkmark. if you have any dumbphone, whenever you send a check to a VZW person, if they get it, the green check appears.

i thought it was STUPID that smart phones didn't do this; instead, they'd send you a new text SAYING it was delivered. this sounds awesome; i might have to re-download chomp!!

Upvote 0
Something interesting is happening.

When I turned on delivery reports to test it in ChompSMS, I never got a text message back. Instead, three dots appeared next to the text, and after a couple seconds passed, it turned into the check mark that showed up next to the message in 1.5. Is that the way ChompSMS lets you know it got delivered, or is it a glitch that makes the program not work? There were no text messages in the stock messaging app saying it got delivered, which in 1.5, the delivery text showed up in both apps. If this is the new way of doing it, I like this a lot, because it is easier to understand instead of getting the check and then a text saying it got delivered. But if it's a glitch that just doesn't send the delivery text back for some reason, then I would be upset. Not that I use them often, but for important texts, I like to know when the other person gets the text.

Edit: Just tried something on my mom's phone. I shut off her phone and sent her a text. The three dots remained next the the message until 5 minutes later when I turned her phone back on and she got the message. A few seconds later, the check mark appeared. Interesting... But why am I not getting a delivery text? I thought that was what delivery reports meant in this OS, am I wrong?

The check mark means the message was delivered. It's not a glitch, it's how it is supposed to work.

Upvote 0
Yeah, with 1.5 it did both, a check and the text saying it was delivered. Which seemed redundant to me and the texts got annoying cause it interrupted the whole conversation thing. With 2.1, it just has the check mark, it doesn't send a separate text anymore saying it was delivered. Unfortunately, people with other carriers don't seem to make the check mark appear when the message is delivered so it's like Verizon's other phones where only Verizon to Verizon would get the check mark. Maybe some glitch happened here, cause I was only texting one person, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Still better than getting a text message for each delivery, though. Oh, and also, the 160+ character issue seems to be fixed, they come in as one text from another Verizon phone with no errors on each end. I think this has been discussed before though, but for anyone wondering if this is true for the OTA, it's fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones