• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clear Browser History??? Craigslist still...

d_gmo

Nov 6, 2009
I found the Clear Browser, Clear Cache, and cookies option in the setting and didd that, but when i go on craigslist on the droid browser it still shows on what ive previosly clicked on.....does anyone know how to clear this so that it looks like ive never been on the site???

If you go into from the Home Screen to settings>>>Applications>>Manage Applications>>then fliter All>>you can scroll down to the browser and it should give you the option to clean cache and clear data..should fix the problem. Also if you use a diff. browser..just choose that one from the list and you should have options to do the same thing. Good Luck!!

First I want to thank everybody for all the tips and hints I learned before I registered. Your assistance is greatly appreciated, this phone is amazing but still an infant when compared to the iphone.

Now for the bookmark issue. I found the answer on another site, because I too was being an "adult" but naughty and a noob. Having adult bookmarks on a phone will get you those strange looks from techs and anyone that picks up your non-locked phone. My advice is... don't add adult bookmarks, but on with the solution.

I have a moto droid firmware w/2.01, not rooted, carrier is verizon.

Goto browser:

1. select bookmarks (doesn't matter if you have the bookmarks listed or displayed as thumbnails)
2. press and hold on the bookmark you want to edit, this opens secondary menu.
3. at bottom of the menu select delete bookmark.

The naughty bookmark is now gone.

Be good! :)

Upvote 0
So much for naughty, how about nice?

From my Droid desktop I press the Browser (the standard OEM) expecting it to load my chosen homepage, but it always opens the last page I had viewed.

I've gone in and cleared this and reset that, but it always goes to the last page!!

Dear god in heaven how can I set my browser to always start at my home page??

Upvote 0
So much for naughty, how about nice?

From my Droid desktop I press the Browser (the standard OEM) expecting it to load my chosen homepage, but it always opens the last page I had viewed.

I've gone in and cleared this and reset that, but it always goes to the last page!!

Dear god in heaven how can I set my browser to always start at my home page??

The browser is still in memory (but not running, its sleeping). When you click the browser icon, the OS puts the existing browser app back to the top of the application stack. This is by design.

To really go back to your home browser screen:

Open your browser
Menu > windows
Hit the "x" to close a browser window. If you close the last one, a new one will be spawned. This will then read your default home page setting and start from that page.

Upvote 0
I found the Clear Browser, Clear Cache, and cookies option in the setting and didd that, but when i go on craigslist on the droid browser it still shows on what ive previosly clicked on.....does anyone know how to clear this so that it looks like ive never been on the site???

after you've cleared the browser history and the cache, go to "manage apps">browser>force stop. the next time you open your browser, there should be no "forward" and your history should be gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones