• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 'Clicky' noise happens when typing with vibration setting on???

Hi guys. So i wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue as me...I have my settings so that my keyboard only vibrates (no sound!) for sending texts BUT it makes a clicking noise sometimes when I press the keys. This is really annoying and no. Hard reset does not help. Has anyone else experienced this?? Please help!!! Oh and my phone is the HTC Incredible.

It could be the vibrate too. That thing is loud!
I remember one night I left my phone on vibrate only on the TV stand. When I got a call, I could hear that vibrate buzz in the other room. Makes it hard to loose in silent mode as long as its on a surface it can rattle on.
A good plus using the alarm. The rattle plus the annoying ring wakes you from the deepest sleep.

Upvote 0
Hi guys. So i wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue as me...I have my settings so that my keyboard only vibrates (no sound!) for sending texts BUT it makes a clicking noise sometimes when I press the keys. This is really annoying and no. Hard reset does not help. Has anyone else experienced this?? Please help!!! Oh and my phone is the HTC Incredible.

I had that problem right after I swapped the 2gb microsd card for my 32gb one. It was quite annoying. I removed the back cover again and put it back on making sure the tabs all clicked in. I did it from the earpiece side down to the trackpad. I don't know if that was the actual problem but after I did it, the problem went away.

I think I have that problem too. Does your phone has that clicky sound when you first start up your phone from off?

I think that noise is from the camera. I get the exact same noise when I turn on my phone and then again when I use the camera.

Reactions: gatorgolfergirl
Upvote 0
I had that problem right after I swapped the 2gb microsd card for my 32gb one. It was quite annoying. I removed the back cover again and put it back on making sure the tabs all clicked in. I did it from the earpiece side down to the trackpad. I don't know if that was the actual problem but after I did it, the problem went away.

I think that noise is from the camera. I get the exact same noise when I turn on my phone and then again when I use the camera.

Ya! I have this problem after changing out my SD card, maybe something broke in there.

Upvote 0
Ok so i switched the new SD card back to old one and the noise was still there. but when i switched it back to the new one, the noise stopped. So i'm thinking maybe the back cover isn't built as sturdy as it should be and maybe one of the pegs wasn't in tight enough?? when i pressed down on the back of the phone and texted, the noise stopped. but when i released my finger, i could faintly hear the noise again. the noise seems to be gone for now so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. thanks for all the help everyone!! i really appreciate it. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones