• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockwork Recovery: Nandroid backup file names

Archrage

Lurker
Jan 20, 2010
Hey everyone. I've searched around a bit and I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem.

To start off, I'm using a Motorola Milestone (Droid A855) running CyanogenMod 7 rc4. My recovery partition uses clockwork. I love both of these program so far.

This brings me to my problem, whenever I back up something, clockwork recovery uses nandroid to do it and it takes a great backup of my fone, but it names the file something very weird. It looks like the first part is simply part of the date, but what does the second part mean?

Also, I renamed a few of the backups it made, and when i tried to restore them, nandroid complained about the md5 sums not matching, which in hindsight makes since. My second question is is there a way to rename the nandroid backup files and still find a way to get a matching md5 sum value so they are still useable? Would something like making a new folder and moving the backup I want to rename into that folder work?

Thanks for your help and sorry about the long post. Any help you could give would be great since I like to make backups between versions of Cyanogen and I end up forgetting which backup is which and being able to rename the files and still use them to restore my fone would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones