1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Closing the on-screen keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Johnaldo, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Johnaldo

Johnaldo Newbie

Hi,
    I have a Galaxy Tab 2, and I'm wondering if there's a way to remove the on-screen keyboard when it's not required, eg if you start to enter text and then change your mind and want to do something else, it stays there waiting for the entry to be completed. I'm told you just tap anywhere on the remaining screen, but a) that doesn't always respond, and b) you often hit another link or 'live' spot.
    Thanks, John

Advertisement

2. Medion

Medion Android Expert

Hit the back button once on the majority of devices, and the keyboard will minimize. Doing this just once with the keyboard on screen will not trigger the normal "back" action, such as going back one page, or closing an app.

3. Johnaldo

Johnaldo Newbie

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply ... yes, the back button does the job, sometimes. It doesn't work if you've just opened a page, as it's greyed out.
    John

4. Johnaldo

Johnaldo Newbie

Can anyone else offer a possible working solution, please?

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

moved you to the tab 2 forum where folks who have your device can pitch in.

but i have a transformer inifnity and a nook hd+ and there is no other way, other than hitting the back button.....not really sure what you are looking for here. to me it is not that big of a deal.

6. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

Would installing a different keyboard help? Do some other keyboards include a hide key?

7. saptech

saptech Android Expert

Back button seems to always work for me, if not hit the home button. When you say "Open a page", what type of page?