• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 7 versus BAMF RC 4.9

Desiel

Jun 6, 2011
Hey guys, I am not trying to start ROM wars.

I am kinda curious as to difference between BAMF RC 4.9 and CM 7. It seems that those are the 2 most used ROMs.

Is anyone who is familiar with them able to share their major differences, strenghts and weaknesses.

I currently run CM 7 and I am loving it but just wanted to know if there are more efficient ROMs out there.

PLease feel free to share your experience with other ROMs too.

Have you thought about gingeritis or synergy? I'd probably give those a run before BAMF. JMO but BAMF has fallen off quite a bit since AOSP ROMs and Sense 3.0 started popping up.

Personally, there's no going back once AOSP was stable enough to be run as a DD. I'd take the speed and smoothness along with increased RAM over fancy lockscreens, weather animations, and twirly homescreens any day..

Reactions: Desiel
Upvote 0
fancy lockscreens, weather animations, and twirly homescreens

I am finding that you don't really have to give any of these things up.

• WidgetLocker lets you do customized lockscreens
  • Beautiful widgets has animated weather
  • ADW can do "cube" homescreen switching and has the "bouncy" stops when switching

I think I am done with sense except to maybe try stuff out.

Reactions: Desiel
Upvote 0
I am finding that you don't really have to give any of these things up.

• WidgetLocker lets you do customized lockscreens
  • Beautiful widgets has animated weather
  • ADW can do "cube" homescreen switching and has the "bouncy" stops when switching

I think I am done with sense except to maybe try stuff out.

That's why I'd never go back to anything non AOSP. I use widget locker, GO Launcher and a nice theme so I already have a custom look without the bloat all sense ROMs need to run.

Upvote 0
Interesting contributions! What I am getting from these responses is that CM 7 gives you ability to do more tweaking on your TB while BAMF gives you Sense.

Gingeritis(sounds like a disease...lol) and Synergy I may toy with as soon as I have enough money for a new phone in case of Brick.

Apart from aesthetics, what are true advantages of these ROMs over the other? Or let me ask, what made you pick the ROM you are using currently over others?

Upvote 0
I actually enjoy and like the sense ui vs any other UI's i've played with. But my main thing is battery life. Currently I've flashed bamf 4.9 and now runing gingeritis 3d and would say both roms are decent in battery life. Could be better, but you can get a solid 12 hours without issue. I might get bored some day and flash cm7 or omfgb but haven't heard anything special on battery life with those roms compared to the sense ones.

Upvote 0
Interesting contributions! What I am getting from these responses is that CM 7 gives you ability to do more tweaking on your TB while BAMF gives you Sense.

Gingeritis(sounds like a disease...lol) and Synergy I may toy with as soon as I have enough money for a new phone in case of Brick.

Apart from aesthetics, what are true advantages of these ROMs over the other? Or let me ask, what made you pick the ROM you are using currently over others?

Lol, a lot was aesthetics for me. There are a ton of CM7 themes.

I am currently using the synergy CM7 theme with the synergy ADW theme with a custom background and the beautiful widgets super clock themed and battstat battery widget on my home screen:

screenshot-1311793314785.png

I got the wallpaper from deviantart. And as you can see, the weather here is keeping me inside with time to screw with my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones