• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hey im from the samsung conquer forums and it looks like you guys have cm7 already its just buggy. androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/533437-cm7-samsung-transform-ultra-developers-testers-only.html i have to say thanks to whoever githubbed the device tree for this phone cause it got me started on cm7 and now my phone is running it.

Upvote 0
I bricked my Boost Ultra trying to build an ICS kernel for the Ultra. 1 brick was enough for me. If Bob says it's hard to do, you can be certain that it is hard to do. I might even say impossible but there is 1 guy I know that could do it: https://github.com/tom3q

I got some tips from him when attempting to build an ICS kernel but my kernel making skills in this area are infantile compared to his. Our only shot would be Bob but I think that possibility is slim to none.

Upvote 0
I bricked my Boost Ultra trying to build an ICS kernel for the Ultra. 1 brick was enough for me. If Bob says it's hard to do, you can be certain that it is hard to do. I might even say impossible but there is 1 guy I know that could do it: https://github.com/tom3q

I got some tips from him when attempting to build an ICS kernel but my kernel making skills in this area are infantile compared to his. Our only shot would be Bob but I think that possibility is slim to none.
just glade tosee your back

Upvote 0
Not sure if enough people who develop still have this phone, and sorry if this is noob to refer to but here it goes.

I was modding an exhibit II 4g for someone, and noticed the kernel this particular developer was using enabled him to put cm10 with android 4.1.2 on it, and it works awesome. So I checked the kernel out and he uses one written by "arco" which has his own website and writes code for any phone I'm guessing that would be compatible, it wasn't written specifically for the exhibit.

If anyone who has the know how and would be interested, the link to arco's website is:

https://github.com/arco

So, the difference between the exhibit and the transform ultra is very slight, MSM8255 versus the TU's MSM8655 both of which are snapdragon s2, and the rest of the phone specs are similar. So is his work useable for making a kernel that would enable cm10 for tu?

Upvote 0
Not sure if enough people who develop still have this phone, and sorry if this is noob to refer to but here it goes.

I was modding an exhibit II 4g for someone, and noticed the kernel this particular developer was using enabled him to put cm10 with android 4.1.2 on it, and it works awesome. So I checked the kernel out and he uses one written by "arco" which has his own website and writes code for any phone I'm guessing that would be compatible, it wasn't written specifically for the exhibit.

If anyone who has the know how and would be interested, the link to arco's website is:

https://github.com/arco

So, the difference between the exhibit and the transform ultra is very slight, MSM8255 versus the TU's MSM8655 both of which are snapdragon s2, and the rest of the phone specs are similar. So is his work useable for making a kernel that would enable cm10 for tu?

Still love my Transform Ultra to death, so much so, that when it died, I got another one (which I just activated today). Thanks for posting this, I hope Chevanlol sees this.

Upvote 0
It would be awfully cool if you did, I love this phone dearly but I'm torn between whether I should root it and install MegaTron or whether I should install CTMod.

id say go with megatron i used to use it on my tu but then i upgraded to the lg mach i wanted to get on the 4g bandwagon and its the only 4g with a slider btw wtf is this shit with boost comming out with the iphone 4s, 5c, and 5s we don't want that shit on boost

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones