• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    I don't think I've ever seen a beta test go to a 6th beta, but here we are with the S23 Ultra One UI 6/Android 14 beta test and it's buttery smooth. Bugs seem to have been resolved and I'm confident that a final, stable release is just a couple of weeks away. A few nice touches with the UX, and I'm sure it will be a hit when it's released.

UPDATE: now on the 7th beta and it's even smoother, faster, better!

UPDATE: now there's an 8th beta rolling out!!!

UPDATE: this is getting crazy - 9th beta is smooth and fast! No real bug fixes, but mostly optimization. Rumor has it that Samsung is trying to get the stable release rollout done by the end of the month.

Last edited:
    Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
    I have it on good authority that, as good as the 9th beta is, the official release will be even better - and it's due in the United States next week for unlocked devices!

Carrier-branded devices will be updated through their respective providers once the bloatware... er, "featured content you can't remove" is adapted for Android 14.

Reactions: olbriar
    Upvote 0
    STABLE RELEASE is rolling out!

Finally, the One UI 6/ Android 14 beta is over and the official release, BWK4, is rolling out to U.S. unlocked S23 devices!

After installing, you would do well to go into Android Recovery and do two things:

After installing the update and getting back to the home screen, power down the phone.

Holding down the Volume Up button, power the phone back on. Continue holding down the Volume Up button until the Android Recovery menu appears.

Using the Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate the menu and the power button to select, go to "Delete Cache Partition" and select it. Then confirm by selecting "Yes".

WARNING: do NOT select Wipe Data/Factory Reset! Doing so will delete ALL user data and restore the device to its out-of-the-box state!

After deleting cache, navigate to "Repair apps" at the bottom. The phone will restart and you will be back to the home screen. If you still have a problem with an app, it's probably not optimized for the new Android 14 OS.

LOTS of new features to enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones