• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1-CAF BETA

Lol did u check how to fix the navbar button and music player problem? There's a zip for the navbar and u gotta goto settings and enable developer settings then switch to awesome player
Flash recent button fix
Lol did u check how to fix the navbar button and music player problem? There's a zip for the navbar and u gotta goto settings and enable developer settings then switch to awesome player
oh alright .. thanksss

Upvote 0
Have to do a little reading after all this a beta ROM.
Hey man i have another question 4 ya, how do u build a kernel? When i tried looking for the kernel source for this phone i couldn't find anything, I'm just really amazed at how you and dfuse were able to do so!!! I'm such a noob at developing anything for android so i wanted to try and build a custom kernel for the stock rom that has selinux permissive and a couple extra governors and such, maybe I'm in way over my head but I'd like to try and do something for this phone, any help from u or anyone else would be greatly appreciated, and also, am I really above my head? I mean the most I've done is port roms to the lg leon (that was lucky lol) and mod my original xbox to put all the emulators from atari to ps1 with my fav games on it. That's all great but I wanna help with something for this phone as I've said earlier.:eek: I've gotten ubuntu setup with some packages that I've found that is needed but prolly not all, and while it is still ARM, I think i should still be able to do so

Reactions: iboyperson
Upvote 0
Hey man i have another question 4 ya, how do u build a kernel? When i tried looking for the kernel source for this phone i couldn't find anything, I'm just really amazed at how you and dfuse were able to do so!!! I'm such a noob at developing anything for android so i wanted to try and build a custom kernel for the stock rom that has selinux permissive and a couple extra governors and such, maybe I'm in way over my head but I'd like to try and do something for this phone, any help from u or anyone else would be greatly appreciated, and also, am I really above my head? I mean the most I've done is port roms to the lg leon (that was lucky lol) and mod my original xbox to put all the emulators from atari to ps1 with my fav games on it. That's all great but I wanna help with something for this phone as I've said earlier.:eek: I've gotten ubuntu setup with some packages that I've found that is needed but prolly not all, and while it is still ARM, I think i should still be able to do so
To download the kernel source go to Samsung open source developer site and type in the model number of the phone but honestly you should really use Google it literally has all the help you will need

Reactions: aurey2244
Upvote 0
To download the kernel source go to Samsung open source developer site and type in the model number of the phone but honestly you should really use Google it literally has all the help you will need
OK yeah I've gotten that now, so I'm off to a good start I believe, its downloading but taking 2 hours to do so, downloading the opensource.zip file

Upvote 0
Have seen... To early for this crap
Lol!!!!:D I'm like a little pest that keeps messing with u, my b bro, no worries at all, sorry i keep messing with ya. Anyways thanks for the github link, I'll try and do some stuff a lil later, right now I'm listening to music and just enjoying being able to use my root equalizer on this phone thanks to ur rom, just thought I'd ask a question was all and also I'm going to goto college and take a course on Linux and whatnot this fall so I can get more involved with this type of stuff, i believe this should help in this development interest i have

Upvote 0
I used the AOKP ROM for this phone for a couple months,and just a few days ago switched to this ROM, other than that the battery seems to drain much faster with this ROM than it did with AOKP, seems stable, wish I could figure out why my menu button( the one thats on the left ) does not work, I hate having to hold down the home button to get to my recent apps, any ideas?

Upvote 0
I used the AOKP ROM for this phone for a couple months,and just a few days ago switched to this ROM, other than that the battery seems to drain much faster with this ROM than it did with AOKP, seems stable, wish I could figure out why my menu button( the one thats on the left ) does not work, I hate having to hold down the home button to get to my recent apps, any ideas?
I've actually experienced waaaay better battery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones