• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM13 First Impressions

DeltaXzombies

Jun 13, 2015
After using the Cyanogenmod 13 Beta for a day I want to share my opinions and experiences with the ROM so far.

Notice: These are just my opinions and any problem(s) that I mention may not affect you at all

All core functions like HD videos (sometimes lag), Data/MSGing/Calling, WiFi, camera, etc work.

First off, battery life. I flashed the ROM before I went to sleep and let it charge all night. As of right now I am at 71% on a medium use day (Videos, messaging, WiFi)
So 100%-71% in 6 hours isn't all that bad in my opinion.

Second, bugs. For this ROM only being a beta it is very stable but it obviously isn't perfect. The main problems I've faced are no vibration and no battery/notification LED.
I don't have the green camera tint on my model. I haven't tried video recording but I've heard that its broken.

-Another strange "bug" is when I tried flash the latest SuperSU zip in twrp. I flash it and it succeeds but when I boot into the LG screen I get a "System Secure: Boot Error" So SuperSu can not be used as of right now so apps like Titanium Backup will not work.

-Lastly screenshots don't save for me. When. I go to take a screenshot I get a notification saying "Can not save screenshot due to limited storage space or the app does not allow it"

Third, Customization. CM13 has a ton of custom settings and interface options. Themes aren't really a big thing in 13 so far but there isn't a need for them.

Overall for this ROM only being in beta it has a lot of potential and once the small bugs are fixed this ROM will probably be the most stable and best ROM for the Volt

Thanks @Bad_MOFO_33, @whoshotjr2006 and @spock1104 for getting this thing working for all of us volt users to try out :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: JoshD and andMego
Mind if I ask what's not working with Titanium Backup? I just tried it & so far it has root access (warned me there might be issues but still works) & it backed up an app.
That's weird...it did give me a warning but no apps showed up even after I set the backup location, not even system apps showed up, it had root access also. I saw that other people have this problem also. Maybe a clean flash will fix it, idk though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones