• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs CM7 build errors

Craptorman

Mar 2, 2012
I'm trying to build CM7 for the LG AS855 Ignite but have hit a roadblock. I have extracted all files from the phone. It appears to be related to the CameraHal.h. Any files that this header file refers are missing and I can't seem to find them anywhere. Anyone know how to fix this or where I should look for more info?

Here's the start of the errors I'm getting.
LG Ignite CM7 Build Error - Pastebin.com

No CM7 yet. Starting from scratch, a new device. I used the LG P970 repo to base mine on. There is a file extract-files.sh that copies files to "vendor/$VENDOR/$DEVICE/proprietary/".

I'm quite new to this so I might not be going about things correctly. Have been reading and looking at other's projects trying to learn.

Upvote 0
Yes I'm aware of the extract-files.sh. There is an unzip too, but this is designed to extract working proprietary files from a CM7 ROM for your device. It doesn't work taking them from non-cm7 roms. Maybe you'll be lucky but from my experience it has never worked. The CM guides all say you must have CM running on the device first.

To be honest, learning development whilst trying to build the first rom for a new device is particularly difficult. The latter really should only be done by experienced developers. I've been developing a while but not at that level. I do not believe I would be able to take source and get it working on a device completely on my own.

Best of luck though, please keep us updated.

Upvote 0
I have been searching a way to replace system app with other app. I successfully replaced my music app in cyanogenmod 7.2 with a miui music app through root explorer but when I tried to do same with the message app nothing happens and the message app disappears from the app drawer.
Please tell me a way to replace it
1) by root explorer.
2) by flashing a zip of that app.

I have a link where a tutorial on replacing a system message app is given but it is for custom rom

(galaxyacehvgagames.blogspot.com/search/label/Trick)

Can you also tell me is it possible to make a flashable zip of any .apk file.
I really need to do this thing as in default mms.apk there is no option to select recipients from contacts. Every time sending the message I have to write a name each and every person which is frustrating. Please guys help me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones