• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Collin_ph battery tweak (for 2.2 ROMs)

doogald

Extreme Android User
Jan 7, 2010
Has anybody seen and tried this yet: [Script] Collin_ph Battery Tweak - xda-developers

(Note that this should work with CyanogenMod 6, Froyo ROMs without a lot of work. Other ROMs would have to be changed by their developers to work. Also note that this requires either a terminal emulator on the phone, or ADB commands from a PC, to be set up, but an app is coming at some point.)

This is really a tool for power users

If you don't consider yourself 'comfortable' with messing with your phone, then don't.

This is mostly the work of collin_ph, all the ideas are mostly his and I have only contributed in part to getting some things functioning correctly and some optimizations. We've been enjoying the performance/battery life benefits for about a month now and everyone is, hopefully, enjoying it as well.

Collin, myself and a couple others have decided to turn this script into an app which I hope, and we hope, will be on the market sooner than later.
Set your phone free with TweakTool

The original thread can be found here: Collin_ph Battery Tweak RC1 for Cyanogen / Darch Froyo roms (possibly others) - xda-developers

This script is more functional and more efficient than applications that constantly run in the background(like setcpu,ocwidget); the reason for this is that it only polls all dependencies every 60 seconds(default) to check for changes. Even the polling interval can be changed.

Why use this?

This script has proven time and time again to not only battery life(on average, about 3-4 hours), but also improve the performance of the device.

I'm using it now, been testing it, works fine, I dont use SetCPU or OCW, I'm using Autokiller, on KaosFroyo v34, using CFS kernal v5 and this battery tweak... I'm getting Quadrant scores of 410+-, everything is smooth and stable.

I am using option 2, which is 710400 mhz option 1 locks up my phone since I know I can't go beyond 710 anyway.

I'm just using the Terminal Emulator on my Koas ROM, works great, just keep in mind the back button doesn't work in the emulator under swype...

Upvote 0
I installed this last night, and, actually, I believe that this reduced my battery life. I used the phone about the same as yesterday - actually, a bit less, I think - and have had more battery drain. Like you, I set my max to 710, which is standard OC for CELB anyway.

So, for me, this is coming off for now.

Upvote 0
Didn't seem to crash on mine using option 1 (789mhz I think it was). Battery life wasn't bad, and Quadrant score of 439. But now I've got it on 604mhz max, 245mhz min, with 90 polling intervals while on battery power and that's getting me much better results.

710 is the standard safe zone for the eris CPU, some eris phones can go much higher, but is how all chip sets go. They are clocked to average safe speeds but depending on the chip itself some can handle more stress while others can barely go beyond the safe zone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones