• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yah, when will thesse companies learn that Iphone is not the only smart phone out there?

I think they did when it was announced that droid is now the number one mobile OS in the world. :D Companies are scrambling for programmers to write droid apps now. LOL! Then again Zynga only now figured out the iphone phenomenon and introduced a Farmville app. It will take years for them to probably do a droid app. :mad:

Upvote 0
I've got Comcast and while I'm not thrilled with the customer support end of things (no offense to most of the actual employees, I'd imagine you have your hands tied with a lot of things) but the TV looks good, the internet is fast [enough] and the On Demand programming is pretty kickass. I don't have a DVR, but I'd say if the app became available for Android OS I'd probably get a DVR.

FiOS just became available in our area recently, and I'm thinking about switching. But it's about the same price anyway so there isn't a huge incentive... :-\

Upvote 0
I've got Comcast and while I'm not thrilled with the customer support end of things (no offense to most of the actual employees, I'd imagine you have your hands tied with a lot of things) but the TV looks good, the internet is fast [enough] and the On Demand programming is pretty kickass. I don't have a DVR, but I'd say if the app became available for Android OS I'd probably get a DVR.

FiOS just became available in our area recently, and I'm thinking about switching. But it's about the same price anyway so there isn't a huge incentive... :-\

I've had Comcast twice and Verizon twice.

I can say with first-hand experience that Comcast customer support is far superior. On average with Verizon, I would be on hold for about 15 minutes before I was transferred to someone else. They could not help me, so I would get transferred again, and would once again be placed on hold for another 15 minutes. On several occasions, my girlfriend and I both were on hold for over 2 hours for various issues (billing, service interruptions, etc).

I've never waited more than 5 minutes to speak to an actual person at Comcast. If I ever need a house-call from a tech, it happens within a week. With Verizon, I waited 3 weeks to have them come out and fix a problem they caused when they installed FIOS the first time.

Now here's the trade-off. I was much happier with the FIOS service itself once it was working properly. The FIOS on-demand is superior to Comcast, and the UI is much better and faster as well.

Sorry for the derail!

Upvote 0
I've had Comcast twice and Verizon twice.

I can say with first-hand experience that Comcast customer support is far superior. On average with Verizon, I would be on hold for about 15 minutes before I was transferred to someone else. They could not help me, so I would get transferred again, and would once again be placed on hold for another 15 minutes. On several occasions, my girlfriend and I both were on hold for over 2 hours for various issues (billing, service interruptions, etc).

I've never waited more than 5 minutes to speak to an actual person at Comcast. If I ever need a house-call from a tech, it happens within a week. With Verizon, I waited 3 weeks to have them come out and fix a problem they caused when they installed FIOS the first time.

Now here's the trade-off. I was much happier with the FIOS service itself once it was working properly. The FIOS on-demand is superior to Comcast, and the UI is much better and faster as well.

Sorry for the derail!

Elwray, I have Comcast also and if it helps your decision a little more, what DC states here is the exact experience my father had when he switched to FIOS.

Getting up and running is painful, the customer service is atrocious and getting someone to come out to the house can take forever and when they do show up, it is often more than one visit to fix whatever was wrong.

BUT, once it is running the way it should everything is great!

Upvote 0
Hmmm interesting ... might not be that big of a deal then for me... one of the guys in my motorcycle club is a manager for FiOS and said whenever I'm ready to pull the trigger, he can help. Said it can be quite a tedious effort hooking everything up through Verizon, but if we do it ahead of time and make it so all they have to do is connect their box in my garage, we'd be all set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones