• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Coming Soon][Kernel]Triggerfied Reloaded

ortrigger

Android Expert
Sep 7, 2012
Heads up, people. I'm recommencing work on my kernel. For now, it's going to be mostly stock with overclocking to 1836 MHz and maybe some GPU OC added in. It'll be based on the latest CM source code also.

The reason it's going to stay mostly stock is that I have found the Spec to be very picky when it comes to custom kernels. I have always had the best battery life on stock kernels so I'm giving you guys the same option but with overclocking added in for you.

I use Fancy Kernel on my Galaxy Nexus and one feature of it that I like, and am curious about for the Spectrum, is file system trimming built into the kernel.

After switching to Fancy Kernel my Gnex hasn't slowed down over time as it would with other kernels. Is this something that can be added to your kernel without breaking things on the spectrum?

I'm not sure. I'll look into it though. I do know that trimming is a default feature in Android 4.3 so if we ever get that then it shouldn't matter if I can get it built into this kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones