• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Concise directions for SBF to Froyo/pre-root GB?

eckey

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
So, I took the OTA GB update, but want to root my phone. I know that I have to SBF back to Froyo and then use P3DROID's pre-rooted GB update. I've been using this guide: SBF TUTORIAL (Collection of instructions from various threads...) - xda-developers

However, I'm confused on some of the directions. I got the SBF, RSD Lite, and drivers, extracted them, but how exactly do I "install" them as it says to do? Do I put them in a folder on my phone? Obviously, this is my first time attempting to root, so I just need concise directions on what I'm supposed to be doing.

Thanks

So, I took the OTA GB update, but want to root my phone. I know that I have to SBF back to Froyo and then use P3DROID's pre-rooted GB update. I've been using this guide: SBF TUTORIAL (Collection of instructions from various threads...) - xda-developers

However, I'm confused on some of the directions. I got the SBF, RSD Lite, and drivers, extracted them, but how exactly do I "install" them as it says to do? Do I put them in a folder on my phone? Obviously, this is my first time attempting to root, so I just need concise directions on what I'm supposed to be doing.

Thanks
I've just posted a how-to titled "root ota 2.3.3 for dummies" its very specific, with all the links you need, as well as fixing the probable boot loop after installing the .sbf

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones