• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root condemned cm7

CS, do you keep a change log of what is changed when you release a new version? If not, maybe that's something you wanna put below the release so we know what should we look for. Thanks!

Yes I do. I used to post it but for some reason stopped posting it. 18.3 is V17 with a few changes in the build prop and some adjustments to the tweaks script to remove internet speed tweaks I thought might be causing the data issues. I'll post in more detail tonight.

Upvote 0
I ended up flashing V17 last night before you posted 18.3, since I wasn't going to have time today and I just can't get used to xtrSENSE (it's an excellent ROM for what it is, but stock Eris is just too buggy for me.)

Anyway, V17 has been running perfectly for me today. I didn't navigate or anything, but everything else is fine. I'll flash 18.3 at some point down the road, I'm sure.

Upvote 0
It's a great 2.1 Sense-based, stock ROM, similar to xtrSENSE. It's closer to stock, actually. If you like stock Eris, it's great; if you prefer more vanilla, the CM7 ROM is better.

Agreed. It's good if you like stock and sense. If you don't like stock cm7 is a better choice. I do plan on changing the look of it soon once I finish the red themed incredible version and I'm considering a blue theme as well.

Upvote 0
I know I've been MIA for a bit and I apologize... been busy with life and family... however.....

THIS IS A FULL WIPE UPDATE!

CyanogenMod merged Changelog

These are deodexed ROMs. I was going to do odex versions as well but having some issues with those ATM.

Condemned CM7 V19 - Vanilla

Condemned CM7 V19 - Stripped 2 Hell - This version has a lot removed from it such as foreign fonts, over half of the ringtones, DPSManager, CM Wallpapers, and a lot of other things.

Upvote 0
Glad to see you back, CS. It's been quiet in the Eris forums as of late. I've got my eyes on the Nexus Prime, but this will help me keep going until my upgrade.

Yes it has been quiet for sure. I've got my eye mainly on the Vigor. The Prime is also high on my list though. Time will tell which one I end up with.... possibly neither of the 2 lol. Upgrade time will be here in Nov but I'm thinking about waiting to see what kind of deals I can get at Christmas. I'd really like to stay with HTC myself personally though.

BTW.... on the 3.5 Sense. It's a cool ROM to play with and all but there isn't much RAM left at all once it's up and running. Forgot to reply back to you on that before. The available memory is there but not the RAM. Still pretty cool to see it running on the Eris though lol.

Upvote 0
Yes it has been quiet for sure. I've got my eye mainly on the Vigor. The Prime is also high on my list though. Time will tell which one I end up with.... possibly neither of the 2 lol. Upgrade time will be here in Nov but I'm thinking about waiting to see what kind of deals I can get at Christmas. I'd really like to stay with HTC myself personally though.

BTW.... on the 3.5 Sense. It's a cool ROM to play with and all but there isn't much RAM left at all once it's up and running. Forgot to reply back to you on that before. The available memory is there but not the RAM. Still pretty cool to see it running on the Eris though lol.

When I get my new phone I might throw that on my Eris to play around with. Then I won't have to worry about keeping tasker running the whole time (it turns my phone on silent for me when I have class, gotta have that). The Vigor looks cool, but if I can get it, I want a Nexus phone. I'll probably flash the new version tomorrow night.

Upvote 0
Welcome back, CS. :)

Flashing the update on the weekend for sure. Still going strong on 18.2 S2H.

My upgrade is due now, so I got my eyes on the Vigor (or w/e they will end up naming it) or the Galaxy Nexus.
We'll see once they are out.
Love my little Eris though. Will be hard to let go!
Thanks for keeping it alive for this long. :)

Upvote 0
the new version is buggy. I've tried both, vanilla and s2h.
First bug = Loud music on loop at bootup, woke up my wife and she new I was messing with the eris again :eek:

Second bug= The screen rotation is screwed in gallery. When looking at pictures in straight mode, rotating the screen starts to flicker and displays multiple windows on top of each other. (This was the case with both versions).

Upvote 0
Second bug= The screen rotation is screwed in gallery. When looking at pictures in straight mode, rotating the screen starts to flicker and displays multiple windows on top of each other. (This was the case with both versions).

Flash this from recovery after ROM to fix gallery and maps rotation.
Download signed rotation fix zip

Reactions: metlcat
Upvote 0
By the way, does cache2cache slow things down? How do you know when it's time to flash it, or if you even need it?

It shouldn't. Basically it just moves your third party application dalvik cache from the internal data area of your phone (/data) to the internal /cache partition, which hold the system dalvik cache already.

I'd say that you need it if free storage space on the phone reports less than, say, 30 MB. 20 MB for sure. You need to flash it anytime after you flash the ROM. So, even if you are doing a non-wipe (or Dalvik-only wipe) on the same version of a ROM, you should flash cache2cache again to make sure that the script that makes the move work runs after the phone boots.

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones