• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Confizzled. :(

Im very confused. I flashed Fresh onto my Evo and the first day or 2 the battery life was great! I was wrong. so wrong.
Any recommendations to longer battery life? things to flash?
I dont really use my phone much except to txt a couple of people and i only play games on it at night when i cant sleep. I do play music sometimes, but its usually plugged in while i do so. I calibrated the battery like some forums said? That the battery's ion weren't completely charged? idk. WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Im very confused. I flashed Fresh onto my Evo and the first day or 2 the battery life was great! I was wrong. so wrong.
I dont really use my phone much except to txt a couple of people and i only play games on it at night when i cant sleep. I do play music sometimes, but its usually plugged in while i do so. I calibrated the battery like some forums said? That the battery's ion weren't completely charged? idk. WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Which version did you flash? Have you checked partial wake usage in Spare parts to see if something is staying awake?

Have you installed any apps in the last couple of days that might be keeping your phone awake?

Reactions: OzzyNeedsHelp
Upvote 0

what exactly is "great" battery life?

there are several things you can easily adjust to help battery life...

screen timeout length
background brightness
live wallpapers
...etc, to just name a few

Upvote 0
I flashed the newest version. the 3.5 i believe. And i havent changed the kernel at all. Should i do that? My screen timeout is 15 seconds, lowest light, i do have my phone connected to wifi though. Great battery life as in it lasted me most of the day while i txted 2 or 3 people about half the time. my wallpaper is black, AND i have installed advanced task killer, startup mangaer, and a game or 2

Upvote 0
I flashed the newest version. the 3.5 i believe. And i havent changed the kernel at all. Should i do that? My screen timeout is 15 seconds, lowest light, i do have my phone connected to wifi though. Great battery life as in it lasted me most of the day while i txted 2 or 3 people about half the time. my wallpaper is black, AND i have installed advanced task killer, startup mangaer, and a game or 2

Make sure your wifi is not set to never sleep. Did this start after installing any of the above apps? Task killers are not usually necessary on these phones as androidOS does a pretty good job of app control.

Upvote 0
uhhh damn. idk what screen i have. I broke my phone a while ago and sent it to best buy and they fixed it all. I just got it back about a week ago. I shall uninstall ATK. Whats the best sense kernal out? Any apps recommended? I was thinking about flashing collins battery tweak? do you guys know anything about that? idk if it was just for the Myn rom.

Upvote 0
uhhh damn. idk what screen i have. I broke my phone a while ago and sent it to best buy and they fixed it all. I just got it back about a week ago. I shall uninstall ATK. Whats the best sense kernal out? Any apps recommended? I was thinking about flashing collins battery tweak? do you guys know anything about that? idk if it was just for the Myn rom.
that does not matter to you. i was talking about his new gingerbread release not the old froyo release

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones