1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Connect N7 to a Google TV

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Goirish3, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Goirish3

Goirish3 Newbie

Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to connect their nexus to Google TV. I have a Logitech revue and was hoping I'd be able to play media wirelessly.

Advertisement

2. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Are you trying to play content on your N7 via the Google TV?

Not sure what the end goal is here - just some more info before I can give a definitive answer. Thanks and welcome to AF!

3. the7nd

the7nd Member

I don't know how to send media between the two devices, but I do use the Google TV Remote app. It allows you to control the TV from the tablet.

4. jmar

jmar Nexican

Just wanted to say my bad for merging your thread. I hadn't had coffee when I took action. Hope your issue is resolved. Again, my apologies.

jmar

5. Goirish3

Goirish3 Newbie

Yes that was the main goal. I was hoping to play the transformers movie on my TV, without using any wires.

6. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Did you download this from the Play Store?

Shouldn't the account content be shared between the N7 and Google TV if you are logged on with the same account? I don't have a Google TV so not 100% sure how this works, but if you login to your Google TV with the same account as your N7 can't you watch all content you bought no matter what device it was on?

7. Goirish3

Goirish3 Newbie

I downloaded it from the Google play store, and as far as I know there isn't a Google movie app on Google TV. There is a movies app but it doesn't show up with anything

8. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

With the latest update pushed out to the Sony GTVs, they gave us access to our movies we get from the play store but.... they made them really hard to find. You have to play them through the Youtube app on the tv and even in there, they aren't exactly intuitive to find. I'm not sure if this works that way on all GTV devices though.