• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connecting a Moto Droid to PC

elessarjd

Lurker
Aug 2, 2013
Hello All! I'm considering upgrading from my HTC Droid Incredible 4g to a new Motorola Droid Mini coming out soon. My only hesitation is PC connectivity. I was helping a friend connect her Droid RAZR to her PC and it required us to install the Device Manager software. Is this true with all Motorola Droid phones? With my Incredible, all I have to do is plug it in and it comes up as a thumb drive where I can browse the files with Windows Explorer. I was hoping the Droid Mini would be the same way, but wanted to confirm with other Motorola Droid folks first that I didn't have to use proprietary software to access my files. Thanks!

Welcome to Android Forums elssarjd. Thanks to doniago I was able to get your thread moved to the Droid Mini forum where you will ultimately get the best answers.:)

In my experience with Moto devices (aged as I haven't owned a Moto since the D2) I could simply plug in the usb cable and transfer files. That being said, the driver installation is a piece of cake with Motorola devices as opposed to my Samsung device.

I hope this helps.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones