• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting Optimus L9 to Macbook

Shredly

Lurker
Jan 12, 2013
Hello all,

I just got the Optimus L9, and am trying to transfer files to it via macbook pro. The option for file transfer is through windows media player, and my computer does not have this.

Furthermore, my computer seems completely unable to detect both phone and SD card inside the phone.

Anybody know of solution?
(please no apple v. windows hate)

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I figured it out. Take care everyone!

Shredly, I would also like to figure that out. Could you share with us please? When I plug my Optimus L9 into my Macbook Pro, my phone gives me the USB connection type options of: "charge only", "Media sync (MTP)", "LG software", and "Camera (PTP)". When I choose Media sync (because I want to sync my phone with my iTunes music on my Mac), my mac gives me an error message, "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." -and gives me the options of "ignore" and "eject".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones