• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering the Droid Pro for my wife

medwa

Aug 21, 2010
Savannah, GA
medwa.wordpress.com
My wife and I have been using our Incredibles since they released last may. While I have absolutely lovedminet, she has never been crazy about hers. She used a BB Pearl before the Inc and was pretty content with it. Now that she's able to upgrade, she's considering the Pro.

How do you guys feel about your Pro after having used it for a few months now? Does it still feel like a phone with longevity? Are there any glaring issues that you have with it? Any advice or insight that yall can give would be greatly appreciated.

It's the first phone since I entered the smartphone age that I haven't wanted to switch out for something new after only a few months. I love pretty much everything about it, especially after the latest software update that improved things in a big way. Battery life and exchange support were two of the biggest issues that plagued the phone since it's release, but the latest update seems to have gone a long way in fixing most of those problems.

There are definitely some improvements all around that can be made, but for my needs, this has been as close to a perfect phone that I've ever come across.

Reactions: medwa
Upvote 0
I have had my Droid Pro since November and have been quite satisfied. While I have never had a BB, I tend to use mine like a BB, in that my calendar, contacts, email and texting are vital. I synch with exchange and chose a third party app (Touchdown) as I felt it offered more features that were important to me than the Android Corporate sync account that comes with the phone.

Another reason I chose the Pro was for the real keyboard. While I am still glad for the keyboard, I'm finding myself using the voice recognition for texting and email more and more. Thus, real keyboard is becoming less important to me.

My personal experience would say that it is a "phone with longevity", but that's just my opinion. That, along with $6, will get you a coffee at Starbucks!

Upvote 0
As far as getting a DROID Pro phone for your wife I would just offer one thing. After having my DROID Pro for a couple weeks I would definitely get her one if you really hate her and hope that she would jump off the nearest high building after having to use this piece of junk. Battery is a joke even when all of the apps are off. After having a BB Curve that held a charge for 2-3 days my Droid Pro lasts about 4 hours so I can't go anywhere w/o a bunch of charges. Good job MOTO you cheaped out on this one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones