• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constant High Disk Write Activity for No Apparent Reason

Zaid_Rynes

Lurker
Mar 19, 2018
Hello there! I own an Asus Zenfone Zoom (ZX551ML) that occasionally experiences a random high (internal/system) storage device write activity. It won't stop until I restart it. What's really frustrating is that I cannot track which app uses the memory chip, because the system monitor doesn't provide such information. There are no system monitoring apps that can make such information (the disk usage per and by app) available; I can only see the chip having a high write rate, but I cannot track which app does that.

The occurrence is apparently random - it happened one time after I used the camera and one time, recently, after I plugged the charger in. It also happened after I resumed from sleep. It stays somewhere between 50 and 100 KB/s and it causes a bit of lag - just some dropped frames; it doesn't affect the performance consistently but it's obviously abnormal and anyone would want it fixed.

I attached a screenshot taken from the app Simple System Monitor. I used more system monitoring apps and all of them provide the same results, so it's definitely not a matter of monitoring app malfunctioning. I also posted a screenshot with the top, compiling apps sorted by CPU usage, if that helps.

Does anybody experience the same thing or it's just me? I'm looking forward to a solution. Thank you!

System details:
operating system - Android 6.0.1;
Android security patch level - April 5, 2017;
firmware version - WW_4.21.40.314.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180305-025230.jpg
    Screenshot_20180305-025230.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 349
  • Screenshot_20180305-025306.jpg
    Screenshot_20180305-025306.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones