• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constant Loading

Hi,

My 2 year old Alcatel OneTouch Idol S has suddenly started to act up. Yesterday evening the phone was being unresponsive, so I decided to restart it to fix up any issues. However, instead of turning on as normal, the phone is stuck in a juddery loading up state, not moving past the Alcatel loading logo for hours on end. When I try to turn it off, it just reboots itself. It does turn off when battery is lost.
This is very frustrating! I can't remove the battery, nor can I seem to access any reset settings.
History: The phone was dropped in the bath last year, and has recently become a little slower, but nothing really recognisable has occurred apart from some blue lines appearing on screen a month ago or so.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones