• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constantly getting "Currently unable to download. Please try again later."

brownitus

Jun 28, 2012
0MmWj.png

From the bottom of the screen (it's faded as I just caught it with screenshot as it was disappearing). I keep getting this randomly, and regularly. I have wifi on, I'm not downloading anything myself, just finished playing a racing game that's locally installed. But nonetheless, it is constant and I'm wondering how I can diagnose it, appreciate any help!

yea i have been getting this error aswell.. but not just on the s3.. was getting it on my asus tf300 tablet aswell... i may be wrong, but i think it may have something to load on the servers hosting the update? or it may have something to do with the new updates for jellybean as the issues have been starting since they have been releasing new updates for their apps..

Upvote 0
I recently started suffering with this exact issue, and spent a long time checking all my apps. Finally, I found the culprit (for me at least) - in my MMS picture downloads.

In my message settings (I'm using the stock messaging app on my Samsung S3), I un-ticked "Auto-retrieve" within the MMS section.

Problem fixed... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones