• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contact pictures always default to Facebook pic

BradHP

Jun 11, 2010
So, I love that I can link all my contacts to their Facebook profiles, but here's my issue. I have a different picture of my wife that I want to use as her caller ID. I added that picture to her contact, in "People" and it shows the small thumbnail on top when I go to "Edit Contact". I save after adding the pic and save again at the bottom of the edit screen, but it always shows her Facebook profile pic in the contact list and when she calls. The only way to get the other pic is to unlink her FB from the contact. Is it always going to do this as long as it's linked to FB, or is there a way to get the other pic assigned to her caller ID?

yeah, there's a way to do this w/o disabling friendstream. i can't tell you exactly now as my phone is charging, but it's similar to the steps above. go into the person's profile in the "people" app. you either click on her name or the picture, and it'll bring you to another page where it shows the fb picture, and an arrow directly next to it. click on that arrow, and there will be thumbnail views of any other pictures of this person you can select as the default pic.

if you can't find it this way, let me know and i'll get on my phone later and figure out the exact steps.

Reactions: BradHP
Upvote 0
Thanks vlkswagn and mbctrain! Mine's still off right now from charging overnight, but I'll try that once I get it on again.

I tried disabling Friendstream and it unsyched with all of my contacts, so some people had no info at all. Right now I just unlinked my wife from FB so the right picture would show. I want to keep her FB accessible since she spends so much damn time on it while I'm at work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones