• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts, email, texts

beckx020

Mar 30, 2010
When starting an email (in regular email, gmail, k9 mail) or text message, I press TO and have to type in the whole address or number. Why isn't there a button or something that can hook into contacts so I can pick what to go in there? It's just getting to be a pain to type things in.

Yes, I can start at contacts and do, but if I'm trying to send/forward something from another app, it will take me to email or text, not contacts.

Is there a way to get this to work? I've tried long press, double tap etc.

This is rather strange.
On mine when I type in the first few letters of the person I wish to send to it will drop down a list of names to select from. This list is supposed to be directly from your contacts on the phone.
Do you have contacts with names?
Do you have contacts with names that have an email address?
It should just work if the above is correct and neither of the default apps are working correctly as stated, I would recommend starting over with a fresh rom/firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones