• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts not showing up when adding to favorites

galapogos

Feb 2, 2010
Hi,

I'm having trouble adding contacts from my contact list to the HTC Favorites widget. I can add them manually by going into the Contact list, editing the specific contact and adding him to the "Favorites" group, or by going into my gmail contacts editor on a desktop and adding them to the "Starred in Android" group. However, I'm unable to do this using the actual Favorites widget. It seems the widget uses some other contact list when I tap on the "+" button. The contacts I see in that contact list are seemingly unorganized and consist of many contacts I don't even know...like it's taken from my "Other Contacts" in gmail contacts(i.e. every single contact I've ever received from or sent email to).

What's up with that?

I've had similar issues with the Contacts widget with one or two people not showing up when I add them to my favourites group. It seems to be related to syncing and linking. What I just did was wait a few days and then the phone seems to figure things out and add those contacts that were missing before. I know this sounds weird, but I can't explain why they don't show up, but then show up a few days later.

Upvote 0
Well I just deleted my contact storage to solve the lag/slowdown problem, so maybe that's why. It's been about 2 days now though, still seeing the old contacts even after I've deleted them from my gmail contacts.

On a similar note, how do I stop the "matched contact suggestions" from popping up, or configure it to ignore certain email addresses/domains? I reply to facebook comments via gmail rather regularly, and each time the email address is similar but unique, so I keep getting matched contact suggestions for "Reply to comment" contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones