• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts on Poco F3 has Odd Layout

Lenthall

Lurker
Jan 20, 2023
The contacts screen on my Poco F3 has suddenly started showing three boxes at the top saying Phone contacts, Email contacts and Companies and three boxes at the bottom saying Contacts, Highlights and Fix & manage. See attachment. How do I get rid of these boxes please?
Screenshot_2023-01-19-18-36-32-667_com.google.android.contacts.jpg

That appears to be the default Android Contacts app so that user interface is what you'll have to get used to. it's inherent to the app so either become more flexible and get used to it, or opt to instead use a different, third-party Contacts app. You might want to try Simple Mobile Tool's 'Simple Contacts' app, it's free, no ads, and Open Source (no ties to any corporate oversight), and it has a lot more options to customize its user interface and functionality.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ery.discoveryplus.mobile&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1
Install the app, set it up accordingly to your liking, and then go into the Apps menu and if possible Disable the stock Contacts app. (There won't be an Uninstall button since its a pre-installed app, and don't be surprised if even the Disable button is greyed out. That's dependent on the manufacturer's whims.
There are several other Contacts app options to choose from though. Look in the Play Store page for each at the included screen captures for the one that appeals to you the most. It's not going to be easy to find a contacts app that has none of those boxes you dislike in an upper or lower menu bar.

The simplest option is to stop relying upon a separate Contacts app and just do what @Madd63 suggested, tap on the Phone icon and then tap on Contacts in the bottom menu bar, that brings up a clean, no upper or lower buttons listing of your contacts.

Upvote 0
So most likely the contacts app was updated and now shows those boxes you are seeing.
You can always install a different contacts app that doesn't show that, but I doubt you can change the contacts app you already have
I think you are correct. I used delete all updates for the Contacts app and the unwanted boxes have gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones