• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts photos - poor quality?

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, i have set up my contacts to link to facebook accounts, linking their profile pictures to, however when any of the contacts call and their photo is displayed whilst ringing, it is quite fuzzy is this the same for everyone?

i also tried taking a photo off the hero camera and using that instead, picture looked great in the viewer, but when i attach it to a person and they ring, its dead fuzzy again.

any ideas?

cheers

danny

I *think* it may be downsizing the resolution to enable the pic to be displayed quicker when calls come in.

That is a TOTAL guess, but seems plausible. Ages ago, when I was into S60, the full screen caller app used to cause huge delays when calls came in. You had to wait for ther program to locate and display the caller's image - especially memory heavy of the image is large.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones