• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts won't sync with gmail contact list since switching to mt4g

I've had my mt4g ver 2.2.1 for a few months now, but I just noticed any contacts that I've added since I made the switch from mt3g to 4g are not appearing in my gmail contact list even though I have went into apps and sync and hit sinc all with no luck.

If anyone coule help me fix this I'd greatly appreciate it. Also before I do anything, is there a way to manually back up my present contacts? I have approx 600 contacts and couldn't' possibly begin to decribe the tantrum I would throw if I lost them LOL.

I did see something about my new contacts since I switched to mt4g are now "tmobile" contacts and that's why. I'd like to know how to go back to google contacts by default, and switch all my tmo contacts to google so I can sync. I did create a tester contact but switched it to google contact, did a sync and I now see that tester in my Gmail contacts.

Thanks!
Rob

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones